Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No MVPA, with car scheduled for delivery in 2 days. Is that normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am kind of used to this type of treatment now, it's another reason why I prefer to deal with the same people at the same brands when making high end purchases. I don't know if it's age-based, race-based, or whatever but somewhere in the conversation I usually get the, "so where are your people from?" I usually reply with, "Dallas, Texas" since that's where I was born and where my family has lived since the early seventies. Or I just start asking the same questions to them that they ask me, it usually slows the rate of questions down.

Nicely played.

I remember back in 2001 when I was interested in a BMW M5, I didn't get very good treatment from my local dealer, so I bought out of state and just had them ship it.

I'm sorry if I've read something wrong or if my math is off, but if you're 28 now that means you were buying an M5 at *16*?!? Very nice.

Nicely played.

I'm sorry if I've read something wrong or if my math is off, but if you're 28 now that means you were buying an M5 at *16*?!? Very nice.

Your math is right on, I'll be 29 next month, and I had the M5 when I was 17. Had it for about two years until 2003 so much fun in that car, have had some fun cars since. To date it still is one of the top 3 cars I've owned and I am always looking at clean examples for sale.

I am kind of used to this type of treatment now, it's another reason why I prefer to deal with the same people at the same brands when making high end purchases. I don't know if it's age-based, race-based, or whatever but somewhere in the conversation I usually get the, "so where are your people from?" I usually reply with, "Dallas, Texas" since that's where I was born and where my family has lived since the early seventies. Or I just start asking the same questions to them that they ask me, it usually slows the rate of questions down.

I remember back in 2001 when I was interested in a BMW M5, I didn't get very good treatment from my local dealer, so I bought out of state and just had them ship it...I.

Good attitude, no reason to let other's crappy attitudes get you down...

but.... You bought an M5 when you were 16??? Damn.

edit: whoops! Already addressed I see. Lol.