Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No nag under 10mph?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was stuck in slow traffic yesterday (<10mph stop and go) and turned on autosteer with TACC (Nav on AP was off).

For 20min my Tesla drove me through without requiring hands on the wheel or feet on the pedals. A few times where a wheel jostle was needed was immediately after it hit 10mph. But I definitely didn’t have to jostle it every 30sec.

It felt awesome - made feel like I’m in an autonomous car for the first time. Anyone else experience this?

Yup. There's a low speed threshold below which they just don't happen.

The rate at which they happen these days is variable based on speed, but doesn't appear to be exactly distance based - it shortens faster than that - and is also somewhat dependent on the environment - cars to follow, construction, opposing traffic, possibly other things.

Reactions: jdw
Yup. There's a low speed threshold below which they just don't happen.

The rate at which they happen these days is variable based on speed, but doesn't appear to be exactly distance based - it shortens faster than that - and is also somewhat dependent on the environment - cars to follow, construction, opposing traffic, possibly other things.

That's a much better way to say what I was trying to say. For sure it's not just a timer ...

Yep, they are definitely distance based. If going really slow, it can seem like they aren't there. It's about every 2 miles.
That closely matches what happens to me, but not exactly.
There is a stretch of road about 3 miles long out of my neighborhood where the speed limit is 45. Regardless of the speed I go (25 or 45), it seems to nag me at the same spot down the road. Thus, agreeing with what you say. BUT, the puzzling part is that once I turn onto the main road and activate, it nags me less than one mile down that road...… every time. So I am puzzled and it seems to be variable in my area. Maybe changes with firmware version. I don't know.