Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No notification when charging is complete?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reported this thru the manage my tesla website the day after I posted this, and believe or not, yesterday I got a call from Tesla in California wanting more information about this issue. So someone in Tesla has looked into it. At first, she was telling me that I was not getting a charge complete notification because I didn't let the SoC get below 60% before I started charging, and that I only charged to 80%. When she called me again yesterday evening, I told her I was already below 60% SoC, so we'd see tonight if that theory was true. Still did not get a charge complete notification after charging. I stressed the importance of this in super charging situations, and how it might lead to accidental idle fees.
Has anyone supercharged and not gotten the charge complete notification?

I have the same issue. Don't know if it was the latest car update or app update that caused it but it has been with me since December. Drove from Paris to London for the holidays and back and used superchargers. No notification at superchargers. I got the almost ready notification but never the charge complete notification. I though it may be due to a problem where my car seems to deep sleep very quickly but I stopped it from sleeping through TeslaFi and charged last night. Still no notification!

I reported this thru the manage my tesla website the day after I posted this, and believe or not, yesterday I got a call from Tesla in California wanting more information about this issue. So someone in Tesla has looked into it. At first, she was telling me that I was not getting a charge complete notification because I didn't let the SoC get below 60% before I started charging, and that I only charged to 80%. When she called me again yesterday evening, I told her I was already below 60% SoC, so we'd see tonight if that theory was true. Still did not get a charge complete notification after charging. I stressed the importance of this in super charging situations, and how it might lead to accidental idle fees.
Has anyone supercharged and not gotten the charge complete notification?
I always set the charging target to 100% when Supercharging and never reach that before leaving, so I don't know.

I do know that I use both the Tesla app and Dashboard for Tesla, and neither does the finish notification when L2 charging.

I reported this thru the manage my tesla website the day after I posted this, and believe or not, yesterday I got a call from Tesla in California wanting more information about this issue. So someone in Tesla has looked into it. At first, she was telling me that I was not getting a charge complete notification because I didn't let the SoC get below 60% before I started charging, and that I only charged to 80%.

So we aren't supposed to get charge complete notifications unless we start charging when the SoC is below 60%? I wonder what the reasoning for that is...

I was hopeful that the update I received this past Saturday might fix the issue, but it did not.

@Mark_T - Are you on Android or Apple? What version of the app are you running? What this charging at home, or at a super charger? What software version is on your Tesla? Year and Model?

Charged on AC to 50% (set limit) completed. No "Charge Complete" notification on Android phone received while all app notifications are set.

Used to work, but definitely broken now.

sw ver. 2018.50.6
Model S 85kw, 2015

Last edited:
A month or two ago there was an issue that involved no indication on the app that a charge was scheduled (just listed “charging stopped”). That was fixed in an update and then the charging completed notification immediately disappeared.
iOS app 3.8.0

We were out of town on Sunday and I stopped at the Petaluma SC to add a few percent. No notifications from my app at all which was unexpected based on the previous posts.

So you got no notification that charging had started at the supercharger? One thing to check is that your phone is running the Tesla app, and that it has not been put to sleep to save power. I've always gotten the notifications when charging has started, but its been weeks now since I have been getting charging complete notifications when charging at home.

So you got no notification that charging had started at the supercharger? One thing to check is that your phone is running the Tesla app, and that it has not been put to sleep to save power. I've always gotten the notifications when charging has started, but its been weeks now since I have been getting charging complete notifications when charging at home.
Correct. I monitored the charging activity (charging started, charging rate, status of charge), and even stopped charging/unlocked the charge port from my phone, all without receiving any notifications.

At home, I have charging scheduled for 3:30 AM. I used to see notifications for both charging started as well as charging complete. Like everyone else in this thread I stopped receiving the charge complete notifications. Once I stopped receiving the charging started notifications I uninstalled the Tesla app, rebooted my phone, and reinstalled the Tesla app (version 3.8.1) on my Pixel. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue and as I found out on Sunday, I am no longer receiving notifications when utilizing a SC as well.

@Duffer - Did you check and make sure that you don't have notifications disabled for the Tesla app?

I noticed that the tesla app on my phone had battery optimization turned on, letting the phone put it to sleep. I disabled it, so we'll see if that changes anything tonight.

@Duffer - Did you check and make sure that you don't have notifications disabled for the Tesla app?
Yes. I even turned them off and turned them back on. I also confirmed that "vehicles" 1 linked to our MS.

We don't utilize the Supercharging network very often so it isn't a big deal to monitor the app directly vs. waiting for the notifications.

I posted my experience with the lack of notifications at a SC because it seems unusual. It's just something to be aware of so we don't block another owner from an available spot.

Like everyone else in this thread I stopped receiving the charge complete notifications.

Well, not everyone ... Mine stubbornly refuses to fail, I'm still getting all notifications for start, & complete.

I'm almost starting to feel like I'm not getting the full Tesla experience, everything on my car works as I would expect, through multiple firmware versions it all just keeps working...

... sorry if that doesn't help fix it for anyone else, but just know that it does work fine for me at least so there is no reason why it cant work for others as well...