Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inconsistent Notifications?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have inconsistent notifications? This is most noticeable with charging notifications. Sometimes I get a notification when it starts, sometimes when it completes, sometimes both, sometimes not at all.

The car has a good wifi connection, but phone coverage is marginal where we live. Could that be related? Also, I've posted about charging problems—starting when it shouldn't—I wonder if this could be related.

Proof:

Chargin.jpg

I think my Teslas hear my WiFi well enough in the garage, but I have the impression that reception of whichever carrier Tesla uses here for their cell connection to the car is spotty. Possibly because of that, I get quite a few communications oddities.

Some of them are indeed inconsistencies in whether a specific type of event generates a Tesla notification on my app.

Some of my communications oddities sometimes cluster. When that annoys me, I've tried a two-button reboot of the UI. At least twice now that has seemed to have helped, but perhaps I am just reading a pattern into randomness.

I think my Teslas hear my WiFi well enough in the garage, but I have the impression that reception of whichever carrier Tesla uses here for their cell connection to the car is spotty. Possibly because of that, I get quite a few communications oddities.

Some of them are indeed inconsistencies in whether a specific type of event generates a Tesla notification on my app.

Some of my communications oddities sometimes cluster. When that annoys me, I've tried a two-button reboot of the UI. At least twice now that has seemed to have helped, but perhaps I am just reading a pattern into randomness.

WiFi is used mainly for large updates to and from the car. The car will connect and then disconnect. Overnight, the car will drop the WiFi.