Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No option to change amps at supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it ever was an option (I don't remember that it's ever been one), it shouldn't be. What would be the reason for wanting to lower the charge rate? The only reason I can think of is that you want to dwell longer at the Supercharger (for whatever reason), but if you think about it, this goes against the point of Supercharging and unnecessarily ties up a valuable resource. So, the rule is that it charges as fast as possible.

Upvote 0
Now that we have that sorted out, WHY would you want to do that?
My 2017 S goes from sub 10% → 100% in about 1h 40m; plenty of time to get a solid nap, gym session, or relaxed meal in.

When you’ve got time to spare, it’s useful to have an hour and a half to tend to whatever.

The other day on a road trip I rolled up to a V3 in my 2023 X at 6%, plugged in, then laid down in the back for some Zzzz’s. Set an alarm for 1½ hours, passed out, and when I woke up found I’d been idling for about 15m. Charged too quickly, I guess!

Don’t get me wrong, like the faster speeds from an trip perspective but not saying I won’t seek out urban SC’ers (and are they even still building these?) when I want a slower charge time.

• Funny
Reactions: cbigfoot
Upvote 0