Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"No Recent Supercharging"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember reading somewhere that even if you do not have a linked CC then you can charge and the billing will accrue, you will be billed at your first service, don't know if this is actually true though?

I've heard that as well.

Course given there's no required service for at least 2 years on the model 3 (brake fluid every 2 years) I've also heard there's a max of $50 worth of "credit" they'll allow before they suspend your ability to supercharge until you pay.

Reactions: JeffK
I remember reading somewhere that even if you do not have a linked CC then you can charge and the billing will accrue, you will be billed at your first service, don't know if this is actually true though?

Supposedly, yes.
also
Tesla increases Supercharger idle fees to decrease wait times
Furthermore, Tesla owners cannot let their unpaid balance for those fees, or regular Supercharging fees, exceed $50 or Tesla will block Supercharger access.

FWIW not every supercharger appears set up to bill people... I've used 5 different ones in the southeast US and only 1 of the 5 even showed that it was charging me (I don't have free supercharging)- all the rest showed $0.00.... and even that 1 never actually billed me

Authorization and billing happen through the car. The Superchargers themselves are mostly dumb and basically do whatever the car requests. They have cell data, but they don't handle any of the transactions.

Authorization and billing happen through the car. The Superchargers themselves are mostly dumb and basically do whatever the car requests. They have cell data, but they don't handle any of the transactions.

Then why would some superchargers not charge me for using them, but others would, in the same car? (and in both the same state and different ones- so it's not a "everything in the state is free due to bad weather" thing)