Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Roadside Assistance For Tesla Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been trying all morning to use Tesla insurance’s roadside assistance which is part of the insurance policy I pay for 2 cars each month. Tesla insurance is closed on Saturdays but they pretend the roadside phone number is open. There is no way to access it via the app either because flat tire claims are not an option there. Tire claims are only available by phone, but since it’s Saturday, I guess I should have scheduled my emergency for a different day. DO NOT EXPECT SERVICE HERE. Get AAA

I have been trying all morning to use Tesla insurance’s roadside assistance which is part of the insurance policy I pay for 2 cars each month. Tesla insurance is closed on Saturdays but they pretend the roadside phone number is open. There is no way to access it via the app either because flat tire claims are not an option there. Tire claims are only available by phone, but since it’s Saturday, I guess I should have scheduled my emergency for a different day. DO NOT EXPECT SERVICE HERE. Get AAA

I'm sorry to hear you got left high and dry by the Tesla insurance.
However, and sadly, what in the world were you expecting?

You had placed yourself in a position to depend on a SERVICE quality and availability from a company that brings up the tail end of service ratings with North Korean secret police and Taliban.
How was that a good bet?

Reactions: ReddykwRun
In my 55 years of driving, I have learned that the only reliable, nation-wide roadside assistance program is from AAA. For about $200 a year, I get a premium plan that covers me, my wife and my daughter, who ives in L.A. And we get up to 200 miles of towing included. I live in a rural area 107 miles from the nearest Tesla service center. I would have to wait hours, maybe a day or more, for them to send anyone. But, in the past, with AAA I have had to wait less than 20 minutes.

Reactions: khill and RMannino
In my 55 years of driving, I have learned that the only reliable, nation-wide roadside assistance program is from AAA. For about $200 a year, I get a premium plan that covers me, my wife and my daughter, who ives in L.A. And we get up to 200 miles of towing included. I live in a rural area 107 miles from the nearest Tesla service center. I would have to wait hours, maybe a day or more, for them to send anyone. But, in the past, with AAA I have had to wait less than 20 minutes.
+1 vote for AAA, go with at least plus level (1 level above basic), if you're a T-Mobile customer you get basic AAA for free

Also recommend getting a tire plug or sealant kit and consider a spare tire (search and you will find mounting options to secure it in the trunk)

Reactions: freeAgent
  • Helpful
Reactions: chobra
I just went through this midweek at 10 PM. After an hour of fidgeting with various options I found there IS an option for roadside assistance on the tesla claims phone number. I was immediately connected to someone who was able to verify my insurance and offer tow service. It was reimbursement based so I'd pay out of pocket and submit receipt for reimbursement.

I just went through this midweek at 10 PM. After an hour of fidgeting with various options I found there IS an option for roadside assistance on the tesla claims phone number. I was immediately connected to someone who was able to verify my insurance and offer tow service. It was reimbursement based so I'd pay out of pocket and submit receipt for reimbursement.
Mind telling us how to get to that number from the menus? Thanks!

You don't need to get Tesla Insurance btw. I can get road side assistance using other insurers. I had used State Farm, Progressive, Geico insurance. Rotating every few years to get a lower rate, but, cheaper than Tesla insurance. Plus, also have AAA Premier as well for 200 miles of free towing.