Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Tesla’s in Boston?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I though Boston was progressive and high-tech, but I haven’t seen a single Tesla in Boston the past 2 days. What’s up?

I live in Southie and work in Burlington and I see them all the time. Aside from myself, there are 2 or 3 MX that I see around in the morning in Boston and my office looks over 128 so I watch cars all day and I see tons. I see lots of S X and 3. Even the occasional first gen roadster.

Couldn't disagree more. With air suspension, the weight of the car for traction, etc. I drove my dual-motor Model S through the deepest snowstorms last year to Northern NE using the Super Charging network with no problem. Used to drive an Audi and Subaru before... this Model S outperforms both of those.
Second this. I drive an X and it way out preforms my previous Toyota in the snow. Wider tures, variable suspension, insanely fast AWD traction with instantaneous torque when needed? There's no comparison.

Agree that's what they say but from experience I can tell you my MX does way better but ok.. maybe it's the other stuff that helps
I think it's just weight and awesome traction control. My RWD S is fantastic in snow with Hakka R2's. I've gotten it stuck once or twice - intentionally to test it. Parked on an ice covered hill, silly things like that.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
NE is very slow to adopt new things. VT which is arguably the greenest of states has no EVs on the road. I have family up there and when people see my Tesla it's as if I've landed from out of space...absolutely no clue.
Your assumptions about VT are dead wrong. VT has one of the highest Tesla sales per capita of any state in the country. It's higher than MA. Guess which state had the HIGHEST Tesla sales per capita for the first Tesla model (the Roadster). Hint: It was VT. They beat CA and every other state.

Reactions: chjch
For what it's worth, there appear to be at least three Model 3s where I work at Hanscom AFB. Mine, a white one that I just started seeing near the flightline and a drak grey one I just saw yesterday leaving with the flotilla of cars at quitting time.

That data is great to see (major upswing this year).

I do have to say that I see Tesla’s constantly on the pike, 128, and 93. For the past couple of years I’ve worked in the financial district of Boston and in the building’s parking garage were several Tesla Model S’s and one X (not a huge garage). BUT I do see more Teslas in the suburbs than the city itself. I live in Framingham/Natick area and there are ton out here. It’s been fun to see a major uptick in the number of Model 3 sightings out here recently.

That's interesting data to look at. It also looks like there isn't much funding remaining? Is that just over the TTM or is it really coming down to the end?

I think somebody mentioned somewhere else that as the money run out they request more funding and last information was that there was another set of funding on the way.

BUT I do see more Teslas in the suburbs than the city itself.

That's not surprising at all. Even on the map in MOR-EV you can see that Weston has by far the largest amount of Teslas registered (not surprising at all, since Weston is the richest city in New England). Lexington is second with Lincoln not too far behind.