Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No update on brand new 2023 Model X LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spectrum

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2018
Atlanta
I'm stuck on 2023.27.7 since I took delivery in September. Is this normal?
It checks for updates and basically says nothing is available. Meanwhile, my 2018 X has gotten several updates in the same timeframe and is on 2023.44.1.

I wonder if this is related to the "delivery freeze" due to update issues.

I'm stuck on 2023.27.7 since I took delivery in September. Is this normal?
It checks for updates and basically says nothing is available. Meanwhile, my 2018 X has gotten several updates in the same timeframe and is on 2023.44.1.

I wonder if this is related to the "delivery freeze" due to update issues.
Submit a service ticket, can’t hurt. When I took delivery in 2018 the computer didn’t show mine as delivered. But I know their system is a bit different now having to accept on your app. Give it a shot

Submit a service ticket, can’t hurt. When I took delivery in 2018 the computer didn’t show mine as delivered. But I know their system is a bit different now having to accept on your app. Give it a shot
I definitely accepted delivery just fine. And the app and car both work fine. When I try submitting a ticket, the app diagnoses the car and says the car is already on the latest software that’s available (which isn’t true?)

I definitely accepted delivery just fine. And the app and car both work fine. When I try submitting a ticket, the app diagnoses the car and says the car is already on the latest software that’s available (which isn’t true?)
It is the latest version available to YOU. Tesla does not release software to everyone, at the same time. When your number comes up, they will let you know.

I too have FSD, and the version I have installed is -- 2023.38.9
There are two tracks of FSD beta. One gets the newest FSD beta versions but older base software. Currently 2023.27.12 with FSD beta 11.4.8.1

The other gets the latest base software along with the non-FSD cars but they have an older version of FSD. Currently 2023.44.1 with FSD beta 11.4.4

Both branches might be brought back together with the upcoming holiday update but we will have to wait and see.

There are two tracks of FSD beta. One gets the newest FSD beta versions but older base software. Currently 2023.27.12 with FSD beta 11.4.8.1

The other gets the latest base software along with the non-FSD cars but they have an older version of FSD. Currently 2023.44.1 with FSD beta 11.4.4

Both branches might be brought back together with the upcoming holiday update but we will have to wait and see.

Why are there 2 different branches to begin with?

• Funny
Reactions: spectrum
Why are there 2 different branches to begin with?
I think it started after they included FSD beta code in every software version and opened up FSD beta to anyone that pays for it.

The general release versions are typically considered more stable and the latest FSD beta versions may not be as well sussed out.

The latest release versions usually are going to cars that were in original limited beta program which historically had car software versions that lagged behind the non-beta cars.

You can kind of think of it like how Apple has developer beta versions of future updates that are only limited to actual developers, and then public beta versions which can be installed by anyone but their release usually lags behind the developer beta.

I think it started after they included FSD beta code in every software version and opened up FSD beta to anyone that pays for it.

The general release versions are typically considered more stable and the latest FSD beta versions may not be as well sussed out.

The latest release versions usually are going to cars that were in original limited beta program which historically had car software versions that lagged behind the non-beta cars.

You can kind of think of it like how Apple has developer beta versions of future updates that are only limited to actual developers, and then public beta versions which can be installed by anyone but their release usually lags behind the developer beta.

Makes sense and thanks!

Thanks for this info, very much appreciated!