Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No VINs in October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in Vanc, same Vancouer SR+ MSM , with White interior. They told me this today:
Hello XYZ,

I Unfortunately don’t have an update for you yet. It’s just as well because we are still waiting for the federal and provincial government to add the 2020 Model 3 to the lists of vehicles that are eligible for the rebates. As a result we are not delivering any Model 3 vehicles until rebates are confirmed.

When you are matched to a vehicle your VIN will appear on your My Tesla account and you a tentative delivery will appear. Please keep in mind we will confirm the delivery with you to ensure the vehicle is ready for you to pick up. I have also included in your account that you are definitely ready for your Model 3.

I hope you have a great weekend!

I ordered a model 3 on 10/ 10 and got a text yesterday saying my Tesla’s enroute and to book and delivery appointment. I booked an appointment for nov 16th . Now I just called Tesla to ask them something else and they’re saying something doesn’t seem right with the scheduled appointment. There’s no way you’ll be able to get the car by that date . Has anyone else had this problem?
Once again, it blows my mind how disorganized this company seems! Should I be concerned about ordering despite all the love and excitement? Its incredible how one employee is so disconnected from the rest of the company!

To be honest, I am a bit concerned on this. I am paying 50K for a car and has this service? lets not even talk about faults, such as paints and all with a car. If I pay 50K to BMW or AUDI they will be running to me with their tongue out.

I think the reality is they genuinely don't care. At some point, that will have to change but for now they are the only show in town. They have a superior product at a competitive price point and all the hype in the world fueling demand. It's not a good recipe for buyers. They have all the leverage right now.

Cancelling your order just means they keep your 100$ and text the next person on the list eagerly waiting. It is a cause for concern for me. Service is a big deal to me. Ill go to restaurants with mediocre food and great service but wont go places with great food and terrible service. This is the first time I have been willing to make the compromise so now Im just bracing myself for the ride.

Reactions: dillon and puppers
I think the reality is they genuinely don't care. At some point, that will have to change but for now they are the only show in town. They have a superior product at a competitive price point and all the hype in the world fueling demand. It's not a good recipe for buyers. They have all the leverage right now.

Cancelling your order just means they keep your 100$ and text the next person on the list eagerly waiting. It is a cause for concern for me. Service is a big deal to me. Ill go to restaurants with mediocre food and great service but wont go places with great food and terrible service. This is the first time I have been willing to make the compromise so now Im just bracing myself for the ride.

I agree. But the point at which they must care is quickly approaching. The Porsche hits the US in the spring. Low end - at $104K is not cheap, but probably worth it. You definitely wont have to check for defects (and have them corrected).

Tesla reeks of serious ego - and everyone knows where that comes from. I’ve seen companies bite the dust over less. Tesla is heavily leveraged - and with dozens of competitors aimed at it by 2021. That’s not a good position to kick away customer loyalty. You want to be able to sell multiple Teslas to people over the years. You don’t want it to be the first EV someone buys and they go to Audi after that.

And no, China is not going to “save” them. There is competition there, and the Chinese market is limited and softening.

Tesla has a good car and execution in the Model 3. We are all putting up with major crap to buy it. If there was one viable alternative out there, Tesla would lose its market share. Thats not good for a “new” company to be doing.

So I guess we wait in the dark. I’ll give it to X-mas —- and give up (I ordered 10/11). I may have strong reasons to want a Model 3 now, but I have my limitations. We all do.

Hopefully it will get better for ALL of us!

For what its worth I was told they were retooling the factory for the Model Y. I ordered SR+ 10/5 and still showing two weeks from order but again was told to expect end of november.

Yes, I constantly hear that US demand is softening. I don’t believe that, but Tesla obviously does. They must think the Model Y is going to reignite the demand. Its really not much different than the Model 3. And Tesla will still be “Tesla”.

In reality, the demand (or lack of reasonable customer service) is what kills further demand. It just looks like multiple layers of hype. We have all driven these cars - so we know they are for real. But there is an enormous segment of the population that cannot take the crap that Tesla makes us eat. They won’t try out the cars - because Tesla’s bad reputation precedes them! That drives down demand. The cars will sell themselves if Tesla didn’t do everything it could to turn off customers and potential customers.

Reactions: George75
I agree. But the point at which they must care is quickly approaching. The Porsche hits the US in the spring. Low end - at $104K is not cheap, but probably worth it. You definitely wont have to check for defects (and have them corrected).

Tesla reeks of serious ego - and everyone knows where that comes from. I’ve seen companies bite the dust over less. Tesla is heavily leveraged - and with dozens of competitors aimed at it by 2021. That’s not a good position to kick away customer loyalty. You want to be able to sell multiple Teslas to people over the years. You don’t want it to be the first EV someone buys and they go to Audi after that.

And no, China is not going to “save” them. There is competition there, and the Chinese market is limited and softening.

Tesla has a good car and execution in the Model 3. We are all putting up with major crap to buy it. If there was one viable alternative out there, Tesla would lose its market share. Thats not good for a “new” company to be doing.

So I guess we wait in the dark. I’ll give it to X-mas —- and give up (I ordered 10/11). I may have strong reasons to want a Model 3 now, but I have my limitations. We all do.

Hopefully it will get better for ALL of us!

I am in a similar situation. I can say with confidence that if there was any viable alternative that came close to what the Model 3 offered I wouldn't be willing to wait 2 months to purchase a vehicle let alone tolerate half of what individuals in these forums have been through. In full disclosure I am less worried about getting delivery as I am with service center horror stories and complete lack of customer support and care following delivery. I am holding on hope that most people get adequate service and we only hear horror stories on yelp and other forums. I guess time will tell. Hopefully we all get our beautiful machines in the condition we expect soon.

As alluded to above...fast forward maybe 6 months, and the Porsche is 100k with an infrastructure for charging...there is little to no chance I would be tolerating this nonsense and lack of communication! To not even get an email telling me its been delayed, or any update, or an apology....nothing.

Better get your crap together, settle down, and focus.

If your company reeks of arrogance, disorganization, and ineptitude....you can put out out the Y, the Z, the A, the B, the whatever you like...you are losing customers.

I am in a similar situation. I can say with confidence that if there was any viable alternative that came close to what the Model 3 offered I wouldn't be willing to wait 2 months to purchase a vehicle let alone tolerate half of what individuals in these forums have been through. In full disclosure I am less worried about getting delivery as I am with service center horror stories and complete lack of customer support and care following delivery. I am holding on hope that most people get adequate service and we only hear horror stories on yelp and other forums. I guess time will tell. Hopefully we all get our beautiful machines in the condition we expect soon.

Well, if it is of any comfort - there are lemon laws to keep companies from doing what you are worried about. Tesla and Elon Musk cannot avoid this. Being without a car for a problem for 30(non consecutive) days is one trigger in many states. Tesla loses a fortune if they have to buy cars back. Given how they cannot get their selling act together, I expect that Tesla does not do well in state arbitration cases.

Granted, its no fun. No one wants to go through that. But it is incentive for Tesla to get their act together.

If your company reeks of arrogance, disorganization, and ineptitude....you can put out out the Y, the Z, the A, the B, the whatever you like...you are losing customers.

They are losing lots of customers - and it will get worse. In a way it’s kind of sad. We see a company that could take over the market - yet it is still living on borrowed time.

As I have said before. I will believe I have a Tesla when I see one in my garage!

I am sorry, but Model Y might have the same drivetrain but it has an option for 7 seats as well, so it is a big big + in my view.
When I ordered my car, they told me 4 weeks, so I sold my Tucson happily good price thinking i will rent it if it goes..only if it goes 6 weeks...
Now my rep just mentioned that I have to wait till they get rebate approval from the Canadian Government for 2020 model? are you guys kidding me? i really thought they figured this out already by now.

If folks want to cancel their orders due to perceived negligence/arrogance, I'm fine with it. Most of those orders precede mine, so I'll move up the line. ;)

The issues with manufacturing defects and horror stories regarding service are still real, but have -vastly- decreased since the initial roll out. Nowadays I hear more reports of great service than bad experiences. And remember, if there are issues, these get reported far more than good/excellent stories. I have confidence service is on par with domestic brands and dealerships. But then, that's not a very high bar. ;)

Also keep in mind, these are EVs, and are inherently more problem free than ICE cars. Far fewer moving parts, no emission control issues, no transmission etc. This is one of the major reasons USA dealerships are resisting selling EV brands. There's little after sales revenue.

As to bad/inaccurate/non communications and ordering headaches... yeah, very real and needs to be improved. For me, all that will go away and forgotten in about 6-10 weeks from my order date.