Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No VINs in October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the sticky-post delivery spreadsheet in this forum, one can sort by any column--including VIN date. From September 2019 backwards, it looks like there are multiple VINs assigned every day in a fairly steady progression.

However, there have only been two VINs assigned in all of October so far--both from people who had quite long waits to get that far.

Being a new-and-upcoming-owner I'm naturally anxious about my own order, which appears to be part of this early-October lull. T is... um... still making cars, right?

I ordered my 3 on Oct 25 and I'm taking delivery Nov 16. First batch of 2020s, apparently. I felt it was very quick.

Same here. I made a couple of phone calls and sent a couple of e-mails today and got the following:

1.) Tesla is still (i.e. - concurrently) sending cars overseas while sending some cars to US destinations. I got this from a sales rep, but he seemed to sound like an adult who knew what he was talking about.

2.) the same rep said mid to late December (regardless of order date) for California deliveries.

3.) a delivery manager told me, "the last 3 weeks of December for all current deliveries." This is very compatible with statements #1 and #2 above.

Went for a second, longer test drive today with a full demo of features with my SA.
He looked it up in front of me and again confirmed that the build for my SR+ (white on white, 19") was scheduled for next week (Nov. 14th) and that my car would "be here in two weeks". He also stated that the (slow) train is the biggest hurdle to delivery and that it was the main variable determining when I could take delivery. We added my (just applied for) loan info into my account and tried to set-up install for my Homelink (need actual VIN to order from site) for the day they receive the car (so I don't have to bring it back), but "his" service guy wasn't available. It appears my SA thinks I'm really getting my car soon....we'll both be disappointed if I don't.

He also showed me a list of several (8-10) stealth M3s (all w/ black interior) in Tampa right now. I wish...

I got a text saying that I should schedule delivery of my M3 LR AWD blue/black 18”.

ordered 10/17, VIN 2 weeks later. Text for delivery at exactly 3 weeks (11/8). They estimate 11/21 delivery to Warwick,RI.

Anyone picking up at Paramus,NJ? It’s not my car’s final destination but trying to see how long it’s going to take them to drive from NJ to RI.

You got your vin yet? Just got mines on 10/4 order (FINALLY!!) 504,420

Nice!!!

I got my VIN yesterday with a tentative delivery date of Friday, but the delivery agent advised there is a chance it might spill over into early following week thus the tentative. I got a local Tesla recommended electrician coming out to survey my residence on Thursday for a 240V plug install. Down the road I might install a JuiceBox Pro, but for now I'll just use the supplied cable.

Went for a second, longer test drive today with a full demo of features with my SA.
He looked it up in front of me and again confirmed that the build for my SR+ (white on white, 19") was scheduled for next week (Nov. 14th) and that my car would "be here in two weeks". He also stated that the (slow) train is the biggest hurdle to delivery and that it was the main variable determining when I could take delivery. We added my (just applied for) loan info into my account and tried to set-up install for my Homelink (need actual VIN to order from site) for the day they receive the car (so I don't have to bring it back), but "his" service guy wasn't available. It appears my SA thinks I'm really getting my car soon....we'll both be disappointed if I don't.

He also showed me a list of several (8-10) stealth M3s (all w/ black interior) in Tampa right now. I wish...

I think mine is one of them, white/black/19 tentative delivery date is Friday in Coral Gables. ;)

Reactions: marnfl