Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No VINs in October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN and delivery date today. The VIN does show it as a 2020 model

Ordered 10/14

Dual Motor / Long Range
Pearl White
Black Interior
19" Sport
Full Self Driving

Located in St. Louis, MO
Congrats! Still waiting here. Just curious. I ordered 10/13 and many people before me that still haven't gotten a VIN, did you work with a SA or call around or do anything different other than just place your order online?

I feel like all this waiting has nothing to do with what configuration they building first & which region they shipping first. It seems like they just siting around throwing a dart at the map & that's how they determining who is getting their VIN & delivery date.
Exactly!
My SAs have said several times that they aren't produced in any particular batches (by color or configuration), but it's also obvious they aren't assigned by date either...It must be darts!
If the Freemont Factory were only filled with more talking heads than robots, we might know their "delivery strategy".

Its gotta be a ploy... a technique to get us talking. The more we talk about it the more attention they get... the more the word spreads.

I have a new idea... No Talk, No Touch, No Eye Contact (thank you Ceasar Milan). Reverse psychology... make them THINK we stopped obsessing over our orders.

That'll teach em!