Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise coming from driver side rear wheel area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First video is too fast, I can't tell, but on @niktesila video the squeak appears to be happening at the point when the valve stem is closest to the ground. Could it be some issue with the valve stem or TPMS sensor? If you jack the car up and spin the wheel freely with no weight, does it still make the noise?

FIXED:

Creaking noise coming from both rear tires. inspected both rear tires for abnormalities, no outside influence detected. Removed both rear tires off rims, found uneven surface between tire and rim bead due to manufacturer sticker stuck between surface causing noise from friction. Cleaned off surfaces and rebalanced both rear tires, confirmed no noise omitting from tires after repairs

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I had same noise from right rear tire. 100% reproducible. Tesla heard it when I did test drive. Later tech said they could not hear noise when they were in repair bay (because they can’t drive car in repair bay). I planned on taking car back. I got busy and a month went by. Eventually around 5,000 miles the sound stopped.
My theory, I had a manufacturer’s sticker on inside of tire like people had reported seeing and it finally fell off or got cut in to pieces by friction and can no longer produce noise.