Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noisy (rubber sound) Brake Pedal (from inside cabin)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I depress the brake pedal and it sounds like someone on an inflatable mattress. I am guessing that it can be resolved with some silicon lubricant, but haven't the expertise (or contortionist) abilities to get up under the dash to see the squeaky spot. Anyone else come across this nuisance noise?

I dont know what year your car is? Old S` have vacuum brakes. New ones are electric. U might have a leak?
My jan 2013 brakes are totally different from 2018 brakes.
Mine's a 2013 MS. Where is the brake cylinder located - just outside of cabin like ICE vehicles? My hearing isn't very good, but I'm able to hear this squeak which led me to believe it is inside the cabin instead of a "further from my hearing range" noise. I've not noticed any stopping issues with the brakes, nor any indication of a soft pedal.

I had the problem with my 2014 MS. It was mostly noticed in stop and go traffic. There was a problem with certain brake boosters getting condensation in them. I thought the noise was normal but the SC identified the problem when I had the car in for scheduled maintenance.. Replaced the master cylinder and brake booster under warranty.