Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Nokian ONE tires-First Impressions

The Nokian One for the 18" wheels are $187 at Discounttiredirect.com currently. So far, we have driven about 900 miles and the electricity usage is up to about 255 wh/mile. Handling has been fine. Control at highway speeds is fine. Planning on taking a road trip soon. Will report back afterwards.

Update: We have almost 1,400 miles on the tires and the energy usage rate is around 260 Wh/mile versus 240 with the original Michelins. Tires behave about the same as OEMs. The energy usage projections for trips has improved with the new OS update allowing for the New Tire reset. About to head out for a road trip and will report back in a couple weeks.

Just returned from a 2,400 mile road trip to Portland. As far as the car and tires, it was almost a perfect trip. I used the "Autopilot" and Traffic Assisted Cruise Control and there were a few phantom braking incidents. As far as the Nokian One tires, we averaged just under 253 wh/mile for the trip, with 44psi in tires at about 65 degrees. We had temperatures over 100 degrees and lows were into the 60's on this trip. Handling was fine at speeds up to 80 mph. I did note that energy usage was lower on the way home as I kept the speed down (average about 70 on interstate 5) to limit the last 440 mile drive to one supercharger stop. AC was in constant use during the final drive as temperatures were up on that leg of the trip. I would say I am pretty satisfied with these tires.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz and tm1v2

ohaq

Model S #P9,326
Apr 20, 2012
Michigan
I have the Nokian WR G4. I bought these online from simple tire tesla model s rear wheel 245 45 19. Not happy.

I had Hancock winter time before this before that I had the stock Goodyear tires.
Hankook were amazing especially when I went from Goodyear to Hancock winter.

I did not enjoy mounting different tires in different season. So I got the nokian wrg4.

I am disappointed for winter driving they have a lot of tread left but they are slippery.

The reviews were so good that I feel like maybe the ones I have are fake

Bought them from simpletire.com

Installed Nokian One tires last month. After driving 1,000 miles they are noticeably louder than the original Continentals even after 44,000 miles. They ride softer and absorb minor road imperfections well. Handling is at least as good as the OEMs, no issues there. Can’t comment on efficiency b/c last update a few days ago reset all my odometer trip settings! Have to start from square one on that. The only Negative is the noise issue, which would keep me from buying them again. Hoping they quiet a bit with more wear.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
Installed Nokian One tires last month. After driving 1,000 miles they are noticeably louder than the original Continentals even after 44,000 miles. They ride softer and absorb minor road imperfections well. Handling is at least as good as the OEMs, no issues there. Can’t comment on efficiency b/c last update a few days ago reset all my odometer trip settings! Have to start from square one on that. The only Negative is the noise issue, which would keep me from buying them again. Hoping they quiet a bit with more wear.
I didn't notice much difference in noise between the OEM Michelins and the Nokian Ones but, then I have tinnitus.

@Darwood77 @OGHeng,

Any updates on the Ones in snow and ice or just colder temps?
They’re still doing well. It’s in the 10-20”F range here now, but there hasn’t been any real snow or ice yet. I’m anxious to see how they do in those conditions as well. I’m not expecting them to be nearly as good as the Hakkapellitta R3 winter tires that I also have, but I’m hoping that they’re better than the average all-season tire. Will update.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC