Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-ADA Compliant Traffic Information

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pluto

is a Planet
Nov 17, 2015
Auburn, AL
The other day I had someone new to Teslas in my Model S and he didn't even know what I was talking about when I said I was surprised the car didn't reroute to avoid the traffic we were going through. So of course I pointed out the huge red line we were driving through and the completely green road nearby and that's when he realized he couldn't tell the difference between them and explained he was color blind.

Is this just like a big oversight on Tesla's part? He couldn't even tell there was traffic information being shown. To me traffic data is a huge help and if I was colorblind this would probably be my biggest annoyance. If anything I feel like there should be an app setting to modify the colors for people who need to.

Most color blind people know it by the time they are driving and have other clues they work with. My dad was the superintendent of a golf course, and couldn't see green, but people said the grass was better kept by him than some others. He said that he could tell shades of grey. I wonder if there are other clues on Tesla's screen.

I dont think the ADA prohibits the use of the color red, so I question the title of this post. Anyway, Tesla DOES reroute around a traffic delay. You set the differential in settings, for how long of a delay you want to be rerouted for. I’ve had the car give me a different routing several times because of an accident.