Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-collision repair timeline?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.

My 2018 M3 AWD went into the Tesla service center two weeks ago with BMS a027 error. When I dropped it off the tech said probably the inverter but could be the battery. Either way it should be covered under the 120k drivetrain warranty.

They initially said a few days and that they have all the parts in stock. After waiting for two weeks and passing several completion estimates apparently without them even touching my car (status is still on "preparing"), now they just put up a new estimate that says it will be done in August!

Just wondering if this is expected for a non-collision repair these days, or is this not normal at all. Couldn't find specifics by searching.

Edited to add: I saw others saying they had to approve the estimate, but my estimate is $0. Am I supposed to "approve" the $0 estimate before they start a repair?

Last edited:
Hi all.

My 2018 M3 AWD went into the Tesla service center two weeks ago with BMS a027 error. When I dropped it off the tech said probably the inverter but could be the battery. Either way it should be covered under the 120k drivetrain warranty.

They initially said a few days and that they have all the parts in stock. After waiting for two weeks and passing several completion estimates apparently without them even touching my car (status is still on "preparing"), now they just put up a new estimate that says it will be done in August!

Just wondering if this is expected for a non-collision repair these days, or is this not normal at all. Couldn't find specifics by searching.

Edited to add: I saw others saying they had to approve the estimate, but my estimate is $0. Am I supposed to "approve" the $0 estimate before they start a repair?
Technically if you don’t approve they don’t touch your car. Straight forward liability process.