TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Non-P AWD with White Interior

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by NYGFan1, Aug 4, 2018.

1. NYGFan1

NYGFan1 Member

Has anyone who ordered a Non-P AWD with WHITE INTERIOR received a VIN or delivery date?

Non-Owner
    Reserved: 3/31/16 12 CST in store
    Initial Order: 5/31/18
    Changed to White Interior: 7/23/18

Est: Sept - Nov
    Chicago area

2. sroh

sroh Member

Not yet for me.

Reserved 3/31/16 1pm PST in store
    Initial orer 6/27/17
    Changed to white interior 7/23

Est originally Sep - Nov
    Estimate changed to Oct - Dec when I changed order to white interior

3. BobCio

BobCio Member

@sroh Did you make the change with the EDIT button, or did you have Tesla make the change to your order? What color car?

We no longer had our EDIT button, so we had to ask Tesla to make the change to add the White seats. We requested the change on 7/28 and our order still shows black seats with the Sep-Nov delivery, but based on your experience, I am betting that when they finally make our order change, that it may also delay our delivery...

4. sroh

sroh Member

@BobCio,
    I didn't have the edit button as I had already confirmed everything. So originally I called Tesla and make the change via email. But like you, it didn't get reflected in my account. After a week, I called again and they said it was taking a long time for the right group to go in and make the change. I got impatient so i ended up doing the change myself using the hack that someone posted to allow us to get back into our configuration page.

I have no idea if that pushed me to the back of the queue. I hope not. At least my account page is updated and accurate. And I was able to do this before they increased the price for AWD and paint colors. So it shows total price of $62K for red on white with aero wheels and EAP.

5. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

Nope.

NONE
    6/31/16 web, 9:02 PM PT
    4/18/18 1st config offer
    6/26/18 AWD ordered
    7/23/18 changed to White
    Sep-Nov 18

I still have an edit button.

6. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

7. BobCio

BobCio Member

Oh wow, I haven't seen the hack that you spoke of... So the hack gets your EDIT button back? Did you have to reconfirm everything again? If so, I could see that that may push your delivery window. It was shortly after I confirmed everything that my edit button went away.

I will wait for Tesla to change it (assuming they finally do) and see if my delivery window changes...

8. BobCio

BobCio Member

Good info - even if none of the AWD non-p have yet to receive a VIN. Where'd you get the data? I changed my info on Troy's spreadsheet to show white interior, even though Tesla has yet to change my order...

9. TintDepot.com

TintDepot.com Member

I read about the white interior. It looks amazing! And they say not to hard to keep clean too!

10. sroh

sroh Member

I'm not sure the hack is still available. I think they shut it down when they shut down the 'EncodedVIN' trick to see if you were assigned VIN. The hack didn't technically get my EDIT button back. But practically speaking, that is correct. It just directed me straight into my configuration where I was able to make changes.

Ya, I think you're doing the right thing by waiting for them. Even if the hack was still available, I would recommend against doing this on your own as that would probably reset your pricing to the new higher prices.

11. RetroGreyed

RetroGreyed Member

Reserved: 3/31/16 ~10:30 AM PT, Sunnyvale
    First Invite: 3/1/18
    Configured: 4/25/18 - LR RWD, MSM, Black Interior, 19" Sport, no-EAP, no-FSD
    Updated Config: 5/20/18 - Called to defer to AWD. Order put on hold until AWD config available
    Updated Config: 6/27/18 - Updated to LR AWD non-P, MSM, Black Interior, 19" Sport, no-EAP, no-FSD
    Updated Config: 7/27/18 - Updated to LR AWD non-P, MSM, White Interior, 19" Sport, EAP, no-FSD

During this time I have never received a VIN
    Edit Link has always been present and never changed
    Current Delivery ETA has remained Sep 18 - Nov 18 even after switching to White Interior using edit link.
    Last few months have felt longer than the first 2 years...
    Fingers crossed I am included in the latest batch of AWD VIN's.

• Like x 1
  12. BobCio

BobCio Member

Yes, I have the white interior in my Model X. Feels super soft and seems to clean up easily. My seats show some blue tinge from wearing my jeans, but it cleans off easily. We've had a few spills, nothing has stained. That's why we asked to switch our M3 order to white seats, when that option was made available.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  13. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

I meant 3/31/16.

14. sroh

sroh Member

Looks like a bunch of folks got called today with VINs. I see performance with white interior and also AWD non-performance with black interior.

Anyone with AWD, non-performance with white interior get the call today?

15. EVGhost3

EVGhost3 Member

I’ve been trying to keep up with the forums and threads where that info will be present and I have not seen any non-p AWD with white interiors mentioned. Seems like people are getting calls and emails daily now so let’s hope our white seats start showing up soon..

• Like x 1
  16. Evoixse

Evoixse Member

Can you point me in the direction of this hack?

17. sroh

sroh Member

18. kengchang

kengchang Member

#18 kengchang, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Reserved: 5/21/2018
    Configured: 6/27/18 6:25PM - LR AWD, Blue, Black Interior, 19" Sport, EAP/FSD
    Updated Config: 7/23/18 - Updated to White Interior
    Sept-Nov window

Nothing yet

• Like x 1
  19. BobCio

BobCio Member

Ordered 7/13/18
    Edit button disappeared shortly after confirming all information.
    7/28/18 - Asked Tesla to change order for white seats when it became available for AWD non-P
    I called Tesla, who confirmed they see the change request, but said it was still being processed?!? But I did get a Case Number!

Still nothing updated to show change online, and have yet to receive an email regarding the requested change.

Still showing Sept-Nov 18 estimated window (but with the black interior).

• Like x 1
  20. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Member

I'm glad I used that link while it was still available! Downgraded from P to AWD when the white interior became available. I waited two hours on hold to ask for the change. Confirmed change via email and waited 5 days or so and the change still hadn't appeared on my account. Used the edit link and sent another email telling the rep that I was able to change it on the website. Finally got confirmation that everything was good to go. Very happy I got it all sorted out before the price increases. I'm hoping Tesla ownership won't be this dramatic. Haha. Now I just have to hope I get my car before the end of the year!