Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-P AWD with White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Marina Del Rey delivery center just called me and told me my car is here and they want me to pick it up tonight (9/20) instead of on my Sunday (9/23) appointment if possible. I declined because I didn't have time to process the information, but I'm thinking that the benefit of picking it up today means that they will have the car out of their possession before the weekend rush, meaning they'll have less time to screw things up (I helped my friend reject 2 cars w/ paint chips that were likely caused by people handling it). I'll need to rush to the bank in the next hour to get a cashier's check, call my PPF installer to see if I can drop it off tonight if I take delivery. Decisions...

Tesla Marina Del Rey delivery center just called me and told me my car is here and they want me to pick it up tonight (9/20) instead of on my Sunday (9/23) appointment if possible. I declined because I didn't have time to process the information, but I'm thinking that the benefit of picking it up today means that they will have the car out of their possession before the weekend rush, meaning they'll have less time to screw things up (I helped my friend reject 2 cars w/ paint chips that were likely caused by people handling it). I'll need to rush to the bank in the next hour to get a cashier's check, call my PPF installer to see if I can drop it off tonight if I take delivery. Decisions...
Got called too, will pick it up tomorrow instead of 9/23 Sunday

Has anyone who ordered a Non-P AWD with WHITE INTERIOR received a VIN or delivery date?

Non-Owner
Reserved: 3/31/16 12 CST in store
Initial Order: 5/31/18
Changed to White Interior: 7/23/18

Est: Sept - Nov
Chicago area

I did. I had mine for over a week now. I recommend calling directly to the delivery center to get a more accurate update because the Tesla rep from Las Vegas was always giving me false information as to when my car was available. It took about 3 weeks for me to get my loan in order and picking up my car. Hope that helps.

Just got the email as well. Delivery window September 20-27. Seems like they just released a batch of these notifications with same delivery window (a local Tesla friend got the same email)...a bit suspect given no vin is attached to my order, but we’ll see!

Reservation date: 6/10/16
Config date: 6/29/18
White seat upgrade: 7/30/18
Config: MSM, AWD, “19 wheels, white interior, EAP

Reservation date: first day online was available
Config date: 4/20/18
AWD date: 6/26/18
White seat date: 7/23/18
Red, AWD, Aero wheels, white interior, EAP

Still no update. Ugh. Hopefully the next batch will be 18” Aero wheels and I’ll be in it.

Officially delayed for somewhere between “a few days and a few weeks.” Was offered my identical car with 19” wheels for an additional $1500 and I could keep my delivery date of tomorrow. They were unable to swap the wheels out which I find absurd. I declined. Let the waiting...continue!

My car was shipped with Aero wheels instead of Sport wheels. I said I would like them swapped at the delivery center which is also a service center at Devon, PA. They are well equipped to do this. I was told that wasn't possible so I would have to wait for a new VIN or take delivery as is. I decided to schedule delivery and just buy aftermarket wheels. A week later, after paying in full, my account updated to show the Sport wheels. I asked what was going on. They said they assigned my car to someone else, and are getting me a new car with new VIN. I would have to wait. They said they would do a home delivery to make up for the inconvenience. That satisfied me. They were attempting to do their best so I was accepting of that. So about a week later they called and said my car is in transit and would like to schedule delivery on the 28th and that they cannot do a home delivery. I'm leaving for vacation that evening and would have to take delivery in the morning since they can't do home delivery. They said they are booked full and that won't work. If I can't take delivery before the end of month, I'll have to wait for yet another car. This is after I paid the car in full and the money was taken out of my bank account. I thought I had 7 days, not 3?

I am a huge fan and this is my first Tesla purchase. I understand why this is so critical to make quarterly profit.
However by acting this way they have soured the experience so much, that if they had not already taken the funds from my bank account, I would have cancelled my order and waited for the cheaper base model. The lack of communication and jerking me around with delivery options and dates gives huge concern for future experiences if I would need repairs or anything done with the car. I know the car is awesome. I've driven one. Most amazing car ever. But the customer service which I believe to be a huge part of the purchase, is severely lacking.

Reactions: Data and voip-ninja
I'm interested in hearing reports of paint quality on the latest batch of AWD - White Interior - Sport Wheels. The ones that have been delivered are mostly in the 970xx-981xx and 994xx-1012xx range. I'm especially interested in hearing reports of paint quality of cars in the ranges indicated.

I really hope everyone here receives their car with no paint issues.

My data points for Red w/ White Interior and Sport Wheels configuration are:
@zoiks66 (VIN 97xxx - delivered 9/12): No issues
A guy on Model 3 FB group (VIN 100xxx - delivered 9/18): Paint issues including bumps on front and back ends

Picked up my Red w/ White Interior and Sport Wheels (VIN#97xxx) last Friday. No paint (or other) issue at all.

Tesla called again today and now the new date is September 24. I was a bit surprised that they were willing to let it slide into October by only one day....
tesla called again and said whoever scheduled me to sept 24 didn’t know where the car was, and the car isn’t here. So, reschedule again (for the 4th time) to sept 28.

Someone in the Tesla Florida group snapped this photo...this is where they are! :)

Attachments

• C2D806C1-8696-4FA0-A01E-1A77DB1D554B.jpeg
    C2D806C1-8696-4FA0-A01E-1A77DB1D554B.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 51
Mine has a small paint issue under one of the tail lights.

I'm interested in hearing reports of paint quality on the latest batch of AWD - White Interior - Sport Wheels. The ones that have been delivered are mostly in the 970xx-981xx and 994xx-1012xx range. I'm especially interested in hearing reports of paint quality of cars in the ranges indicated.

I really hope everyone here receives their car with no paint issues.

My data points for Red w/ White Interior and Sport Wheels configuration are:
@zoiks66 (VIN 97xxx - delivered 9/12): No issues
A guy on Model 3 FB group (VIN 100xxx - delivered 9/18): Paint issues including bumps on front and back ends

Attachments

• IMG_20180922_153951.jpg
    IMG_20180922_153951.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 44