Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-P AWD with White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not yet for me.

Reserved 3/31/16 1pm PST in store
Initial orer 6/27/17
Changed to white interior 7/23

Est originally Sep - Nov
Estimate changed to Oct - Dec when I changed order to white interior

@sroh Did you make the change with the EDIT button, or did you have Tesla make the change to your order? What color car?

We no longer had our EDIT button, so we had to ask Tesla to make the change to add the White seats. We requested the change on 7/28 and our order still shows black seats with the Sep-Nov delivery, but based on your experience, I am betting that when they finally make our order change, that it may also delay our delivery...

@BobCio,
I didn't have the edit button as I had already confirmed everything. So originally I called Tesla and make the change via email. But like you, it didn't get reflected in my account. After a week, I called again and they said it was taking a long time for the right group to go in and make the change. I got impatient so i ended up doing the change myself using the hack that someone posted to allow us to get back into our configuration page.

I have no idea if that pushed me to the back of the queue. I hope not. At least my account page is updated and accurate. And I was able to do this before they increased the price for AWD and paint colors. So it shows total price of $62K for red on white with aero wheels and EAP.

White Interior Tracker.JPG

@BobCio,
I didn't have the edit button as I had already confirmed everything. So originally I called Tesla and make the change via email. But like you, it didn't get reflected in my account. After a week, I called again and they said it was taking a long time for the right group to go in and make the change. I got impatient so i ended up doing the change myself using the hack that someone posted to allow us to get back into our configuration page.

I have no idea if that pushed me to the back of the queue. I hope not. At least my account page is updated and accurate. And I was able to do this before they increased the price for AWD and paint colors. So it shows total price of $62K for red on white with aero wheels and EAP.

Oh wow, I haven't seen the hack that you spoke of... So the hack gets your EDIT button back? Did you have to reconfirm everything again? If so, I could see that that may push your delivery window. It was shortly after I confirmed everything that my edit button went away.

I will wait for Tesla to change it (assuming they finally do) and see if my delivery window changes...

Oh wow, I haven't seen the hack that you spoke of... So the hack gets your EDIT button back? Did you have to reconfirm everything again? If so, I could see that that may push your delivery window. It was shortly after I confirmed everything that my edit button went away.

I will wait for Tesla to change it (assuming they finally do) and see if my delivery window changes...

I'm not sure the hack is still available. I think they shut it down when they shut down the 'EncodedVIN' trick to see if you were assigned VIN. The hack didn't technically get my EDIT button back. But practically speaking, that is correct. It just directed me straight into my configuration where I was able to make changes.

Ya, I think you're doing the right thing by waiting for them. Even if the hack was still available, I would recommend against doing this on your own as that would probably reset your pricing to the new higher prices.

Reserved: 3/31/16 ~10:30 AM PT, Sunnyvale
First Invite: 3/1/18
Configured: 4/25/18 - LR RWD, MSM, Black Interior, 19" Sport, no-EAP, no-FSD
Updated Config: 5/20/18 - Called to defer to AWD. Order put on hold until AWD config available
Updated Config: 6/27/18 - Updated to LR AWD non-P, MSM, Black Interior, 19" Sport, no-EAP, no-FSD
Updated Config: 7/27/18 - Updated to LR AWD non-P, MSM, White Interior, 19" Sport, EAP, no-FSD

During this time I have never received a VIN
Edit Link has always been present and never changed
Current Delivery ETA has remained Sep 18 - Nov 18 even after switching to White Interior using edit link.
Last few months have felt longer than the first 2 years...
Fingers crossed I am included in the latest batch of AWD VIN's.

Reactions: BobCio
I read about the white interior. It looks amazing! And they say not to hard to keep clean too!

Yes, I have the white interior in my Model X. Feels super soft and seems to clean up easily. My seats show some blue tinge from wearing my jeans, but it cleans off easily. We've had a few spills, nothing has stained. That's why we asked to switch our M3 order to white seats, when that option was made available.

Looks like a bunch of folks got called today with VINs. I see performance with white interior and also AWD non-performance with black interior.

Anyone with AWD, non-performance with white interior get the call today?

I’ve been trying to keep up with the forums and threads where that info will be present and I have not seen any non-p AWD with white interiors mentioned. Seems like people are getting calls and emails daily now so let’s hope our white seats start showing up soon..

Reactions: BobCio
I'm not sure the hack is still available. I think they shut it down when they shut down the 'EncodedVIN' trick to see if you were assigned VIN. The hack didn't technically get my EDIT button back. But practically speaking, that is correct. It just directed me straight into my configuration where I was able to make changes.

Ya, I think you're doing the right thing by waiting for them. Even if the hack was still available, I would recommend against doing this on your own as that would probably reset your pricing to the new higher prices.
Can you point me in the direction of this hack?

Ordered 7/13/18
Edit button disappeared shortly after confirming all information.
7/28/18 - Asked Tesla to change order for white seats when it became available for AWD non-P
I called Tesla, who confirmed they see the change request, but said it was still being processed?!? But I did get a Case Number!

Still nothing updated to show change online, and have yet to receive an email regarding the requested change.

Still showing Sept-Nov 18 estimated window (but with the black interior).

Reactions: EVGhost3
Sure. Use this link while you are already signed into your account. Replace the xxxxx with your RN. Like I said though, I think Tesla shut this down last week.

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxxx
I'm glad I used that link while it was still available! Downgraded from P to AWD when the white interior became available. I waited two hours on hold to ask for the change. Confirmed change via email and waited 5 days or so and the change still hadn't appeared on my account. Used the edit link and sent another email telling the rep that I was able to change it on the website. Finally got confirmation that everything was good to go. Very happy I got it all sorted out before the price increases. I'm hoping Tesla ownership won't be this dramatic. Haha. Now I just have to hope I get my car before the end of the year!