Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-PUP armrests - what are they made of?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Premium Upgrades Package includes "Leather arm rests ... when paired with leather seating".

With a leather seating choice, if one doesn't order the PUP, what covers the armrests?

Are non-PUP owners pretty happy with that? Do they even notice?

Thx.

I was debating whether I should get PUP before confirming my order. One of my concerns was whether non-PUP feels like a downgrade and less luxury.

I went to a showroom which happened to have both PUP and Non-PUP side by side. I spent over 10 min to compare the difference. I can tell you. It feels the same. I could not even tell the difference when it comes to interior "feel".

In fact, leather arm rest or other leather improvement only applies to leather seats. It means if you get ultra white seat. They are going to use the same material anyway. Not difference at all.

I ended up skipping PUP. Saved myself $4500. Other PUP improvements seems relatively unimportant to me. To me, PUP is the most overpriced package in the entire option line up unless you care about auto-present door and bio filter (which can be added later for much less)

I ended up skipping PUP. Saved myself $4500. Other PUP improvements seems relatively unimportant to me. To me, PUP is the most overpriced package in the entire option line up unless you care about auto-present door and bio filter (which can be added later for much less)
Well, this is exactly why Tesla took away that option to add later for much less. Unless you know something. Please tell me you know something. My SC can't get the part for retrofit since the item for retrofit no longer exists and they contacted online orders to confirm it's no longer an option.

Reactions: boaterva
Well, this is exactly why Tesla took away that option to add later for much less. Unless you know something. Please tell me you know something. My SC can't get the part for retrofit since the item for retrofit no longer exists and they contacted online orders to confirm it's no longer an option.

You are right. i don't see the Bio filter as a post sale upgrade anymore. Just checked.

I got a non-PUP model X loaner with ultra white. Since the white interior is already vegan, it's not as obvious when compared to the other real leather interior choices. The most obvious part is just the steering wheel, then the upper dash alcantara and headliner.

Okay. Thanks all. Yes, for the $$$, the PUP's additional features don't add up for me.

I'm several hours from a store with any non-PUP models. Going over the list with a PUP model in front of me I could 'ignore' each item but the leather armrests are hard to un-see. But after all, it's about _driving_ the car, not sitting still and pondering my elbows at rest. :)

I got a non-PUP model X loaner with ultra white. Since the white interior is already vegan, it's not as obvious when compared to the other real leather interior choices. The most obvious part is just the steering wheel, then the upper dash alcantara and headliner.
Any chance you can post some pictures? Curious what it looks like.

We really appreciate the smart adaptive headlights -- definitely helps visibility around corners at night. LED accent lighting feels like a nice touch, but a minor thing.

And don't forget, the Model X Xmas is a little more exciting with the upgraded headlights

IMG_1734.JPG
IMG_1735.JPG
IMG_1736.JPG
IMG_1737.JPG
IMG_1738.JPG
Any chance you can post some pictures? Curious what it looks like.
On a side note, I noticed the sides of the bottom portion of the seats are so much harder on the UW compared to my black leather.

Last edited: