Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-PUP walk up behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone with non pup package confirm the behavior when walking up to the car? Does the light flash and it unlocks? Mine does nothing and I have to push the door handle to open the door in order for me to remove the charging cable or open the charging port if not charging. SC insisted that this is intended design.

Non PUP. Mine does not flash. I think it unlocks when I push the door handle. Doors unlock and lights flash when I push on top of the fob twice, but I am afraid to use it too frequently as the driver side door auto presents about 20% of the time (and usually at the most inappropriate moments like parked on an congested street). Doors needs to be unlocked for the charging port to open and to remove the cable (I guess this is so that somebody cannot simply steal your cable).

I have the same behavior. I either double click on the FOB or press the door handle to unlock. The door does randomly self present with the double click on the FOB. IOne helpful thing is holding down the back of the FOB to open the charging port without unlocking the car.