Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Tesla owners on this Forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The site stat shows: Members 30,711 Active Members 5,610

My WAG would be of the active members maybe 50% are owners. Of the non-active members probably less than 10% are owners. A lot of people are waiting for Model 3 or Model X.

For a poll perhaps categories for non-owners? I'm in the "contemplating Model-S" category, but I imagine there are others who would be buyers at Model-3 price-point, although if you have a category for "Shafted by, and leaving, VW" I'd tick that instead.

I would include this catagory in the poll also : "Was a member of the forum when I did not own a tesla, and own a tesla now".
I think a high percentage of people started as non Tesla owners and own a Tesla now.

Yeah...

1st mistake: start reading TMC

2nd mistake: create a TMC userid so threads can actually be followed, creating more reading.

3rd mistake: test drive. This makes resistance to assimilation very close to futile.

Best decision ever made (well... except for a few other best decisions): caution to the winds and purchase completed

I would include this catagory in the poll also : "Was a member of the forum when I did not own a tesla, and own a tesla now".
I think a high percentage of people started as non Tesla owners and own a Tesla now.

I started off with that. I was pretty set on getting one anways, just needed some advice/questions/etc. answered.

I'd gues the percentage of members that are owners is pretty small. Maybe 10-20%. However the owners post significantly more and stay active much longer than non-members, so I'd bet that the majority of posts are by owners.

Now I need to learn how to make a poll.

If you do, it would be interesting to know why people aren't owners yet. As my sig says, I'm saving for a Model S, but many who don't own are waiting for another model to become available. I think some people are just investors and are here for the financial part of the forum. Others are just interested in the technology, but even a Model 3 would be a stretch for them financially.

If you do, it would be interesting to know why people aren't owners yet. As my sig says, I'm saving for a Model S, but many who don't own are waiting for another model to become available. I think some people are just investors and are here for the financial part of the forum. Others are just interested in the technology, but even a Model 3 would be a stretch for them financially.

See sig. Price (and the large size doesn't help).