Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noob questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple newbie questions

#1 Is it me or the cupholders suck? My drink holes are too big for regular drinks, so they just lean left and right
#2 How do I get outside temperature to display?
#3 How do I close the trunk without getting my hands dirty. The strut seems too strong to just close from the grab handle on the inside?
#4 We can cancel the autopilot with the brake, pulling the shifter up. Is there anyway to do it on the steering wheel?
#5 Does the 3 have a trip A trip B screen like the S/X?

#1 Drink bigger drinks. Okay, in all seriousness I drink from Starbucks venti cups or large water bottles that just fit.
#2 Look at the top edge of the display above the map. It should always be there. What you can't see on the display is the inside temp.
#3 I grab the inside handhold and pull down sharply. If that's not enough to close the trunk, then yes, I do use my hand on the top edge of the trunk. If that's enough to get your hand/s dirty, then maybe you need to wash your car more? :)
#4 No. Not that I'm aware of. Maybe the two-button reset? I've not tried it.
#5 I'm not familiar with the S/X UI but if you're talking about two trip odometers with individual resets, then yes, the 3 has such a capability.

Couple newbie questions

#1 Is it me or the cupholders suck? My drink holes are too big for regular drinks, so they just lean left and right

What's a "regular" drink? All the ones I drink fit fine.

There's also essentially a bottle-holder space in the front door pockets.

#2 How do I get outside temperature to display?
#3 How do I close the trunk without getting my hands dirty. The strut seems too strong to just close from the grab handle on the inside?

Covered in post above mine

#4 We can cancel the autopilot with the brake, pulling the shifter up. Is there anyway to do it on the steering wheel?

Turn the wheel enough to disengage (note TACC will remain on)- though this is usually the least desirable way to do it

#5 Does the 3 have a trip A trip B screen like the S/X?

Yup, same place as the distance, energy used,and wh/mi used on current trip and since last charge... swipe right and left down at the bottom of the AP display you'll see that on one side and tire pressures going the other way

Reactions: MXLRplus
Thank you everyone for answering the other questions, all good now.

So I took another drive with it, I am getting more familiar with the car. I do have several additional questions.

#1 With the way the door is, I sometimes would close the door but not latch it. When the car tells you a door is open, it doesn't tell you what door? Am I missing it or is that something they didn't add

#2 Is the OEM carbon fiber spoiler glued on. To slam the trunk on that spoiler is going to suck

#3 What do the buttons on the right side do if you are not using cruise or AP in the car?