Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NorCal - Sacramento - Tesla Solar Panel - 3 Powerwalls - SPAN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

First time posting here, so please bear with me….

Wanted to know if anyone from NorCal - Sacramento wait times on Tesla Solar Panel + 3 Powerwall are. Its unfortunate that SMUD (Utility provider) doesn’t allow more than 110% of last 12 months…..CPUC 3.0 doesn’t apply for this community owned provider and they have their own NEM 2.0 rules.

Appreciate any feedback on wait times, i did get a response from the Tesla Project Advisor ….still in design and finalizing stage. Have an existing Solar 5.7 MW (13 panels) already in place from the new home builder in 2019. Having talked to SMUD, they said in writing that i am allowed 6.2 KWH system which I have let the project advisor know.

I know timelines and supply chain issues, just curious if anyone has overall feedback on the system, timelines and wait in NorCal along with their experiences.

Place initial order for system directly from Tesla on 11/15, SMUD confirmed they haven’t received any applications from Tesla being submitted.

In a western suburb of Sacramento. Ordered 12 kW array with 3 Powerwalls in late June. Installed middle of August, PTO late October. Powerwalls were installed incorrectly by crew so system didn't actually turn on behind the meter until early September. Inspection passed within a week....time to PTO was about 1.5 months from then (PG&E).

All my Powerwall boxes had someone else's last name on them crossed out, so maybe I got lucky? Dunno.