Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Normal or abnormal range loss?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about the 100% level but my 2017 Model S 75D went from 224 miles at 90% charge to 217 miles after 28,500 miles and 16 months. Not a big deal and not worried about it. Daily commute is about 120 miles round trip.

you're lucky - I'm at 239 (Mid 2017 75D)... 20 miles lost in one year. If this continues, I might be in the new battery club. Only 3 charges to 100%. Battery mostly sits between 30 and 75% - so much for babying it.

you're lucky - I'm at 239 (Mid 2017 75D)... 20 miles lost in one year. If this continues, I might be in the new battery club. Only 3 charges to 100%. Battery mostly sits between 30 and 75% - so much for babying it.

How about supercharging it? I've had my Model S for about a few weeks and put up 1800 miles already and supercharged it at least 6 times. I am not really keeping track but was the faster degradation due to supercharging at DC?

The battery looses a few % of capacity rather quickly in the beginning. That's normal. Dropping down 4% in the first 6-12 months is common. It slows down from there on and stays mostly linear. Don't worry too much. It seems dramatic in the beginning but it will be fine in the long run. I know the 90s have a faster degradation problem, but I'm not sure when the 75 packs where introduced and if they got the same cells as the early 90s.

Here's what our 2017 Model S showed before it was sold this year. We had approx 29,000 miles on the car before it was sold.

90-100pct charge.JPG