Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North California - delivery time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, scheduled for Friday, 3/25 but could be sooner. Car was made yesterday, 3/20 and, when I dropped by there this afternoon, was at the Lathrop
lot waiting to arrive in the Stockton location this evening. I was told it could be ready as soon as Tuesday but more likely Wednesday or Thursday.
how do we know when does the car made? from the vin number?

Reactions: LodiEVFan
how do we know when does the car made? from the vin number?
I was at the Stockton SC/DC and talked to one of the delivery guys. He pulled up my account on their system and showed me the field on their screen that shows the manufactured date. There is also a sticker that is on the windshield when the cars are taken off the trucks and before delivery prep that shows the manufactured date. Stockton being so close to Fremont means it is usually only the day or two before it gets to Stockton.

I was at the Stockton SC/DC and talked to one of the delivery guys. He pulled up my account on their system and showed me the field on their screen that shows the manufactured date. There is also a sticker that is on the windshield when the cars are taken off the trucks and before delivery prep that shows the manufactured date. Stockton being so close to Fremont means it is usually only the day or two before it gets to Stockton.
That’s awesome! Thank you to let me know!

Reactions: Otter2007
Hey all, first time here. I just received a VIN on Monday, and I selected to pick it up from the Fremont factory. However, I haven't received any communication about picking it up. I wonder how long have you guys been waiting to schedule the pick-up after receiving the VIN. Thanks! Waited for 3 months, cannot wait anymore. lol

Hey all, first time here. I just received a VIN on Monday, and I selected to pick it up from the Fremont factory. However, I haven't received any communication about picking it up. I wonder how long have you guys been waiting to schedule the pick-up after receiving the VIN. Thanks! Waited for 3 months, cannot wait anymore. lol
On the same day I received my VIN, the app allowed me to take care of the insurance and make the final payment. I took care of insurance by uploading my proof of insurance right away, and before I made my final payment I received a text with a link to schedule pick-up and confirm order details. Shortly after, I received a text from my local Tesla (Dublin, Bay Area) informing my car was ahead of schedule and ready for pick-up right away. I brought a cashier check with me since Plaid couldn't link my Citi account on the app for payment (not completing that step did not delay the pick-up process). Good luck - hope you can pick up soon.

Reactions: ink124
On the same day I received my VIN, the app allowed me to take care of the insurance and make the final payment. I took care of insurance by uploading my proof of insurance right away, and before I made my final payment I received a text with a link to schedule pick-up and confirm order details. Shortly after, I received a text from my local Tesla (Dublin, Bay Area) informing my car was ahead of schedule and ready for pick-up right away. I brought a cashier check with me since Plaid couldn't link my Citi account on the app for payment (not completing that step did not delay the pick-up process). Good luck - hope you can pick up soon.
Thanks, I am planning to purchase the Tesla insurance, because it is the cheapest one I have quoted. However, I just cannot finish my purchase because I don't have a pickup date-.- so I am dropping into this dead loop, haha. Let me see if I could find cheaper insurance and upload the proof asap. Thanks for your info, very helpful.

I received a call from Tesla today 3/23/2022 at 2 PM (PST) asking the below questions

1- Are you ready to take the delivery in a week or two? (yes)
2- Do you have any trade-in (no)
3- Where are you planning to get your insurance (need to find quotes- any suggestion fellow forum members?)
4- Cash or Finance options (finance)

I am not sure what does this means, after the call, I went to my account and I see nothing changed. Anxiously waiting for the last six months, because I need a car.

Reactions: nelyhs and WiseSole
Yes, scheduled for Friday, 3/25 but could be sooner. Car was made yesterday, 3/20 and, when I dropped by there this afternoon, was at the Lathrop
lot waiting to arrive in the Stockton location this evening. I was told it could be ready as soon as Tuesday but more likely Wednesday or Thursday.
Well, it is Wednesday and my MY is ready and I will pick it up at 4:30 pm today. Will post an account of my experience.