Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Dakota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I would pass along a little tidbit for everyone here. I had my X in for service today and while the MPLS people are out training, I got this information. I asked about a couple other locations for here in MN, and the rep said the people were at the SC earlier. Same group that just finished off some SC in Chicago... Here is the email (Some blanked as it referred to my X)
FargoSC.jpg

I'm under what the Tesla employees had early on with the Model 3... a friendly NDA. What I can tell you is a property is in contact with Tesla, has had two conversations, and the paperwork is started for the potential charging location in Dickinson ND.

I may or may not have filled out the supercharger location request form as this property with their permission ;) Progress!

Nice job pushing this. Wouldn't be something if the first SC is near oil country?

You could also look at Dickinson as Wind Energy country. The 2 largest wind farms in North Dakota are near Dickinson. Brady Wind farm is the 2nd largest and is just South of Dickinson. The largest wind farm is Bison near New Salem, about 60 miles East of Dickinson.
The oil epicenter of Watford City is about 90 miles away.

Although I'd still put my money on Fargo being installed before Dickinson.

Reactions: lightfoot3b
I'm under what the Tesla employees had early on with the Model 3... a friendly NDA. What I can tell you is a property is in contact with Tesla, has had two conversations, and the paperwork is started for the potential charging location in Dickinson ND.

I may or may not have filled out the supercharger location request form as this property with their permission ;) Progress!

Great so hear of some progress being made!

According to this article the Spearfish Supercharger went from conversations with the property owner to completed construction in a little over 3 months.

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but maybe by the end of spring/early summer we will see some ND superchargers popping up.

Reactions: lightfoot3b
They won't be able to dig any trenches until spring. There are some urban superchargers with no trenching (usually in parking garages), but I don't suspect that it would be that type of construction in North Dakota. Best Wishes!!

Great so hear of some progress being made!

According to this article the Spearfish Supercharger went from conversations with the property owner to completed construction in a little over 3 months.

Probably wishful thinking on my part, but maybe by the end of spring/early summer we will see some ND superchargers popping up.
I would have agreed with you, right up until this. I have some minor hope of spring installation. Though I also agree Alexandria/Fargo/Jamestown/Bismarck/Dickinson/MT 2 SCs in that order, unless they start from both ends and Dickinson/Bismarck are last!

They won't be able to dig any trenches until spring. There are some urban superchargers with no trenching (usually in parking garages), but I don't suspect that it would be that type of construction in North Dakota. Best Wishes!!
It was 54* here yesterday, they could start and finish it before we have snow. It's been a ridiculously mild fall/winter so far.

PS. yes about the wind farms! We can see the one south of Dickinson (it's quite close to New England) from Dickinson. There is another large one just to the east-northeast of Dickinson (west of the New Salem one).

I see a couple of RV parks in Dickinson. do either of this have a NEMA 14-50 plug that we can use to charge?
Definitely best to call ahead with RV parks in northern climes this time of year. A lot of them close for the season.

Also, just ask them if you can reserve a "50 amp plug." They won't know what you are talking about if you say "NEMA 14-50."