Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norwich Service Centre, where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very happy that this is progressing.

Most amusingly it’s right next to the garage run by the most EV-hating man I know. That’s really going to sting.

It’s on the Norwich ring road, but not a great place for Superchargers really - not that Norfolk gets a lot of passing trade. I think the ones at Gridserve in Thorpe will get a lot more use.

Try this!!!
Some informative details in that site plan - including a Supercharger Lounge and 13 Supercharger bays (in addition to the wall chargers for the service section).

I looked the planning application up on the City Council website. That‘s really good news.
it’s a 15 mile trip but way better than a 100miles to Chelmsford!
I also had a look and found two planning applications for a Tesla Service Centre at 79 Mile Cross Lane, one of which (21/01218/A) has a similar site layout map to that posted above but not including the supercharger bays. @SB61 is the plan including superchargers now part of a formal planning application?

Some informative details in that site plan - including a Supercharger Lounge and 13 Supercharger bays (in addition to the wall chargers for the service section).

I also had a look and found two planning applications for a Tesla Service Centre at 79 Mile Cross Lane, one of which (21/01218/A) has a similar site layout map to that posted above but not including the supercharger bays. @SB61 is the plan including superchargers now part of a formal planning application?

Constitution Motors (Mitsubishi Motors), Subaru new sales and Mitsubishi after-care moved location away from adjacent to where the new Tesla Norwich SC will likely be at the Sept/Oct cross-over period (27th Sept to 1st Oct), to a new site at 215b Woodcote Road. So I guess that's what you have to do if hating EVs. Also makes sense to not lose any existing customers to the shiny new thing next door, to them at least.

Thankfully I didn't feel any desire to switch to Mercedes when last at the Chelmsford SC, but did notice their bigger showroom. Hopefully not the same in the other direction.

The Holden Kia company info posted on Google claims it’s still open until 1st November, so it looks like that's the hand-over date after existing occupant restores the building state to original. The Tesla SC customisations due to happen after that, mostly repainting car park lines, some secure fencing/gates, the canopy if they go ahead with that, the new lit/unlit branding, some extra glass frontage and the power supply upgrade.

Reactions: Dilly