Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not big fan of chrome delete. Chrome minimize?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like some "chrome" but the door handles always look smudged and there's too much around the windows. I made a few pieces myself and will start around the windows next. I don't think I have to ask but.... Thoughts or suggestions?
IMG_20190718_113607379.jpg
IMG_20190718_113615661.jpg

You say there’s too much chrome around the windows, however what you did makes the window chrome stand out MORE. Whereas with chrome handles it pulls your eyes AWAY from the chrome window trim. Now all I see is the chrome trim “in your face” so to speak. Eyes focus on the chrome now you’re trying to detract from.

Ski

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Yup. I couldn't agree more. I've been trying to cover the inside half of it for a while. I want to see how much difference it really makes around those windows. It did take a while to cut the handles.
Now if I can keep my wife outa the garage... :confused:

Have you considered Plasti Dipping the chrome? It is essentially a spray on removable rubber that you could get in black and spray the door handles/trim. Ive considered doing it to my M3, but since I have the black paint, I think it would be "too black".

Bro, you don't know how much that helped me today. Thanks, I need a good laugh right now. Talk soon...

I understand and feel your pain. In a different, but similar boat. Without some humor now and then, it would be tougher! Enjoy your Tesla and glad that post put a smile on your face!

Try this one... It work for me yesterday...

How to tell if my Model 3 was made in the tent

• Funny
I like some "chrome" but the door handles always look smudged and there's too much around the windows. I made a few pieces myself and will start around the windows next. I don't think I have to ask but.... Thoughts or suggestions?View attachment 431304 View attachment 431305

Nice “mod,” looks great with the blue! I’ve been toying with the idea of clear PPF for those shiny machined aluminum door handles!

Ok, here it goes. Skione65 saw the same thing I did and it bugged me too. I took it down by about half. I used Orafol 1" black matte finish, same as the door handles. Thanks for your help and good eyes!View attachment 432059 View attachment 432060 View attachment 432061 View attachment 432062

@Kleenerth3,

That’s better! Definitely “ties in nicely” the chrome accent “outline” on your handles....well done. How the heck did you get such a CLEAN line and cut on that trim? Knifeless tape?

Ski

@Kleenerth3,

That’s better! Definitely “ties in nicely” the chrome accent “outline” on your handles....well done. How the heck did you get such a CLEAN line and cut on that trim? Knifeless tape?

Ski
Used the factory edge and cut just past the inside edge of the metal. Tucked in with a back side of a plastic knife and a window screen roller. I tried to keep the factory edge just off the high point in the center to give it a factory rolled edge look.

Ok, here it goes. Skione65 saw the same thing I did and it bugged me too. I took it down by about half. I used Orafol 1" black matte finish, same as the door handles. Thanks for your help and good eyes!View attachment 432059 View attachment 432060 View attachment 432061 View attachment 432062
Anyway you can get a body color match to the door handles?

I have a black 3D & my handles are boldy color but not fully wrapped - so some chrome around the edge - but it makes the car look 100% different than every oher black M.3.