Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not seeing Grid and Home in app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checking @SoCal Dave , are you seeing that data before PTO?

My system is fully installed, I opened up my main panel and saw the Powerblaster hooked up, but absolutely no data on my Tesla app. And I know Tesla checked the Powerblaster was working when they commissioned the system, because they called to explain the monitor was hooked up backwards and came back the next day to fix it...

No, the app doesn't get fully enabled until after you receive PTO and Tesla processes it.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Just checking @SoCal Dave , are you seeing that data before PTO?

My system is fully installed, I opened up my main panel and saw the Powerblaster hooked up, but absolutely no data on my Tesla app. And I know Tesla checked the Powerblaster was working when they commissioned the system, because they called to explain the monitor was hooked up backwards and came back the next day to fix it...
I saw mine as soon as the techs installed and activated to make sure it worked.
I only had PW installed though but it all showed up. Had solar for years.

I'm pretty sure that in a Powerwall system, the Gateway computer sends the data to the Tesla backend while in a system without Powerwalls, the black box Gateway sends the data to the Tesla backend servers.

That's my understanding as well. I was actually able to confirm that my black box gateway is communicating with a SolarCity server once every 15 minutes, and confirmed my Powerblaster is installed in my main panel and is powered.

But nothing comes though on the Tesla app before PTO.

That's my understanding as well. I was actually able to confirm that my black box gateway is communicating with a SolarCity server once every 15 minutes, and confirmed my Powerblaster is installed in my main panel and is powered.

But nothing comes though on the Tesla app before PTO.

Fairly sure that its just a "tesla" limitation. They dont seem to actually "turn on" the monitoring on the back end until PTO on a solar install without Powerwalls. On a powerwall install, the monitoring seems to be left enabled when they commission the system, which is done at the end of install.

Reactions: miimura
Update. I called Tesla they said that the inverters probably got locked up on an update. And they scheduled an appointment 4 weeks later to fixed it. But as of last week my app fixed it self. So I’m guessing the update went through by itself? Idk but I am happy. Lol

Attachments

• A8C85492-F0AA-49FF-82E4-C27B395F6A14.jpeg
    A8C85492-F0AA-49FF-82E4-C27B395F6A14.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 109