Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PW export incorrectly displaying power flows between grid and home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a partial home backup with 1 PW2 paired with solar. We just got CTs installed that transmit the whole home load to the Gateway. The Tesla app is correctly showing data when the home is a net consumer from the grid. However, when the PW is exporting power to the grid along with solar, the app incorrectly splits the output between grid and home. When my electricity meter shows a net export of 5 kW, the app is showing a net export of 2.5 kW with a sudden (false) increase of power flow to the home of 2.5 kW. Has anyone else seen this?

The CTs must be installed correctly because it's showing all import data correctly. But the gateway is interpreting export data incorrectly. It's splitting the export amount between grid and home and when it should be showing all going to grid.

I called Tesla support and they had me do a manual reset. After that the issue with false readings for home and grid went completely haywire with the app showing nonsensical readings and power flows. E.g home shows demand increasing to 13 kW from 0 kW at random times (both readings are wrong of course). Solar energy measurement is working fine but the power flows are still showing solar generation in the middle of the night.

I am still waiting on my original installer to come out and address the issue. My guess is that this is a Neurio problem. When they installed the Neurio to measure the site load, they turned off the in-build CTs in the gateway. I think the manual reset messed up the Neurio in some way. I'll post an update after my installer comes and attempts to fix it. If he fails to fix it, I'll probably need to turn to Tesla.

Did you ever get this issue fixed? My solar and Powerwall were just installed, and I'm seeing similar behavior to yours. As soon as I start exporting, the power used by my home jumps and the amount exported to the grid shows less than what my utility meter shows