Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not seeing the road, cars and speed on the driver's screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

I have been having some issues recently with the main screen (the small not the 17inch) since the last update:
After the update, the sensors were not working properly. They were not detecting the walls unless I was really close or not at all.
Now for some reason it is fixed.

But also, I cannot see the lanes, the cars and the speed limit on the road.

On top of that, the auto-high beam is not working even though selected from the settings: the greyed high beam does not appear anymore.

Does anyone have the same problem or suggestions? I have reset both screens, but nothing seems to work

Thanks

Same thing happened to my car after the last update. Called Tesla and they see one left camera (side repeater location) reporting a fault, which causes a cascading effect on the lane detection, headlights, car detection etc. Waiting for an appointment to get it fixed.

Update:
Called Tesla Assistance, and after checking all logs and found nothing, they told me to reboot the system:
1- park the car
2- press the break pedal and click on both wheels on the handle
3- release once the T appears on the screen
4- go to settings and Power Off the car, don't do anything for 3 min (including opening doors etc...)
5- restart.

This is how you do a full reboot (including the power off)
But it did not work.

It seems that the guy on the phone knows of the issue and he is contacting my SC. They might update the car wirelessly. If the fix is not working, then I will have to drop it at the SC for fixing.

For the persons who answers concerning defects in the hardware, it seems that I dont have any (at least from the logs) but I believe it might be the case and requires actual digging in to find the issues.

Hope this helps

I was told by the Atlanta Service Rep that if the sensors were not calibrated, the computer would recognise it. If the computer was not spitting Out an error code, they were working properly. Therefore nothing they could do. I am an engineer as well--so my BS meter pegged. I had video where the front sensors where not picking up what the back sensors would and at times, vice versa. Like you, I had to get really close to objects in order for the sensors to pick them up -- most of the time. Atlanta SC Rep told me there was no calibration for AP. this was in Direct contradiction to what the service tech told me during my last visit. I spotted the Tech who told me about the calibration and alignment and he confirmed there was an alignment calibration process--in front of my rep. This guy lied the whole time I was there. Updated to a newer version program, and now the AP is worse than ever. If a line disappears on the road, my car goes searching for it; instead of following the line it sees. Beta or not, it didn't do that before. So I wasted 5 1/2 to Atl, a full day there and 5 1/2 only to confirm I need to find another SC.