Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not sure if this is a sign of an impending issue - IC is not always on anymore when I get in the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
I have a 2016 75D with about 51K km (32K miles) and lately I've noticed that the Instrument Cluster display is not always on when I get in the car. Sometimes I have to wait for it to boot up.

I've done the "hold down the scroll wheels for 2 mins", but can't get it to reboot (just the main 17 inch display gets rebooted) after it has come up in an attempt to "fix" whatever glitch this may be.

Any ideas on what may be starting to happen? Is this symptom part of the inevitable EMMC failure coming up?

This can happen when you drive the car less, as might be happening with Covid.

If it is a concern, try setting always connected ON, energy savings OFF.
Interesting and good to know. Thanks.

It's not enough of a concern right now to change the setting to be always connected ON and and energy savings OFF. I'll leave those as is for now.

I think I'm spoiled and just used to getting in and moving. Now I have to wait for it to boot up. :)

I've tried that, it still needs time to boot up as its completely turned off and I can't change into Reverse till its up.

I have the same problem 2014 IC slow to boot. MCU was replaced 2 years ago. I noticed this after an update just cant remember which one to where it goes into like a deep sleep mode overnight to where you have to press the brake pedal to wake it up. Then the message comes on powering up.

I had a glue-filled IC that was requiring MCU reboots to come up; had it replaced earlier this year. I still, depending on the day, have the IC come up slowly, but we're talking 10 seconds or so after the main display.