Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not us ;-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why 'o' why do the press keep sending obvious muppets out in vehicle's that are way above their technical understanding or competence to plan/operate/charge. Can somebody direct me to an article or video that comparers a Tesla model X to a Ford Mustang Mach-E that states they are comparable because I cannot find one? Journalists not very long ago had the ability to compare vehicles and come to a comparison but of late they start off with an assumption and then blame the vehicle for their inability to operate it in a competent way by simply failing to plan a journey. I must admit I’m picking a new tesla up in September and its mainly due to the charging infrastructure I made this choice but to think you can just jump into what is in effect a new mode of transport and not read up on its requirements and possible repercussions and then blame the system is a bit childish.

The difference between journalists and us mere mortals is that we are invested in our choice, and take the time and trouble to prepare ourselves for the experience of ownership. Journo's are given a car and told by their editor, " Give me a thousand words by Friday, and in the meantime drive a ridiculous distance with no idea of how to get there". There are a few committed writers, but they're few and far between.

Why 'o' why do the press keep sending obvious muppets out in vehicle's that are way above their technical understanding or competence to plan/operate/charge. Can somebody direct me to an article or video that comparers a Tesla model X to a Ford Mustang Mach-E that states they are comparable because I cannot find one? Journalists not very long ago had the ability to compare vehicles and come to a comparison but of late they start off with an assumption and then blame the vehicle for their inability to operate it in a competent way by simply failing to plan a journey. I must admit I’m picking a new tesla up in September and its mainly due to the charging infrastructure I made this choice but to think you can just jump into what is in effect a new mode of transport and not read up on its requirements and possible repercussions and then blame the system is a bit childish.
I'm not disputing that you need some technical understanding to run an EV, but should you? You don't for an ICE car, and that is one of the biggest barriers to adoption.

Reactions: MrBadger
I'm not disputing that you need some technical understanding to run an EV, but should you? You don't for an ICE car, and that is one of the biggest barriers to adoption.
I rolled this around for a bit and my conclusion is that this *is* new technology. If you just expect to follow the exact same behaviours with no modification whatsoever then your expectations are too high.

A cursory amount of research wouldn't be unreasonable to expect, imo.

Reactions: jpm777
I rolled this around for a bit and my conclusion is that this *is* new technology. If you just expect to follow the exact same behaviours with no modification whatsoever then your expectations are too high.

A cursory amount of research wouldn't be unreasonable to expect, imo.
Stupid is as stupid does.
The guy sets off on a 1000mile journey in an EV and all he takes with him is the BP pulse app. That's not failure to plan that's planning to fail.

Last edited:
Do you really need more understanding for an EV? You don't have to check the oil. They both have a filer cap you shove something into. It's just the one has more frequent and quicker refuelling options without the need to be a member of a club or download stupid Apps and fight the internet - that's where the problems are - unnecessary programming and poor maintenance. You can stick a credit card into a petrol pump and then fill with what you want at compettaive prices.