Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pick up my Model 3 on Friday ... Looking forward to interacting with these clowns (not)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have personally never experienced any of these issues.

But demand for shopping center chargers - particularly free ones - is high, and typically there are few chargers. The chances of being able to get one is low.

...and yes, whenever I have checked there are always EVs plugged in.

I’ve seen the car in my local town recently but not the owner. It’s a late nineties Volvo 740 with a T R U M P sign in the back window; so that’s nice. Today my partner and I popped into town to grab a sandwich from the deli as I was in the middle of detailing my Model S and he was busy gardening. Waiting for our sandwiches to be bagged a customer came up to pay wearing a YOUTUBE @aussiecossack T shirt and I thought, now I know who owns “The Volvo”.
Sure enough we leave the deli at about the same time to discover that whilst we were inside some cars had left giving him direct view of my very clean Model S. Still had to put a coat of spray wax on it yet.
I had to smile at the thunderous look on his face as my male partner and I got in the Model S and drove off. ☺️
Doubtful a carefully constructed conversation about the virtues of electric vehicles would have been productive.🤷🏻‍♂️

While i acknowledge that people have experienced EV haters, My experience has been altogether positive - even when filling up the jerry cans at the 7- Eleven in a MY. There will always be people who are anti [insert your favourite topic] . No need to engage with them. On the other hand, I think it is important at this "early" period, that EV owners be positive and not act like clowns themselves.

Just smile and wave :)

I was walking the dog yesterday and a bunch of 4wds went past, obviously just coming home from validating their bravado by destroying some untouched part of nature going by the amount of mud on the cars (weird as it hasn’t rained here for ages), but anyway with all the noise and fumes I was thinking about the chance that there is a correlation between how noisy one’s car is and either an insecurity/control complex or it’s a gauge of how much they are attached to their ego.

In reflection, When I had a big 4wd it certainly was a bit of both. I’d like to think I evolved a bit going to a sedan, and then EV.
Change can be scarey for some, and that’s ok too.

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22