Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Note 20 Ultra - Wireless Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen various threads about the issues with some phones in cases not charging on the pad. I'll be taking delivery of a MY in the next couple weeks and I just purchased the new Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Does anyone happen to own this specific phone and know if it charges in a case?

I had problems with Iphone 11 Pro Max with multiple cases getting any charge. It would work without the case. Explored going to the Taptes, Nomad, or Jeda wireless pad but instead just got the 10$ Jeda spacer to see if that would work better without changing the entire pad. So far, that solution has been working for me with various cases. Other posters have said the issues are related to the charging coil location not lining up with larger devices, especially with cases making them taller.

The problem is not the case but the piece at the bottom of the charging pad. The lip is not deep enough to allow the phone to fit with a case on so the phone sits above it and the coils don’t line up. I bought the Taptes pad that allows me to put the phone on the pad horizontally and it charges fine with the case on. I believe Taptes has a replacement piece with a deeper lip snaps onto the stock pad. That should fix it as well.