Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nothing Online About This Fix—Help! Homelink icon move to the left.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My screen is more like the first picture below with the homelink icon on the far right. I would love to know how we can get this moved to be closer to the driver like the second picture? Apparently this is possible but i have not seen anything online to help with this fix or update. any insight would be greatly appreciated. You would think this could be customizable but it seems like some Model 3's rolled out with the icon on the left and some did not. This should be a simple OS fix but curious if anyone else is having this issue.

old model 3.JPG
new model 3.JPG

My screen is more like the first picture below with the homelink icon on the far right. I would love to know how we can get this moved to be closer to the driver like the second picture? Apparently this is possible but i have not seen anything online to help with this fix or update. any insight would be greatly appreciated. You would think this could be customizable but it seems like some Model 3's rolled out with the icon on the left and some did not. This should be a simple OS fix but curious if anyone else is having this issue.

View attachment 438000 View attachment 438002

It can't be done without Tesla moving it for the entire fleet. The picture of Homelink on the left is an old software version that has been replaced by what you have. You can't just drag and drop icons to rearrange them the way you want.

My screen is more like the first picture below with the homelink icon on the far right. I would love to know how we can get this moved to be closer to the driver like the second picture? Apparently this is possible
It is not possible. The Tesla UI does not allow the user to rearrange screen icons.

The second photo shown in your post is simply a previous version of the software. In a later version, Tesla moved that icon and others as well. Why that was done, no one outside of Tesla can tell you. And the Tesla firmware coders won’t tell you either.

My 5 ft 2 in wife has to lean forward slightly to reach that icon. I have no difficultly reaching it.

How tall are you?

So, the real question is, why are you all ‘using’ it? To select a different door? It should auto open and close the primary one on its own. Ours works pretty dependably but I wouldn’t talk about needing to use Homelink every day manually.