Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notification when charging to 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, I just got my TM3 long range few weeks ago and just before driving off for a long trip I tried to charge to 100% so increased the limit on the App accordingly. After couple of hours I saw that on the app the charging was done and when I came back to the car I had a message on screen saying something along the line of exceeding limit warning and a suggestion to decrease the limit (unfortunately I didn't took a picture of the message).
I pressed ok and then the limit when back to 90%, I drove off and Everything seems completely fine, but was just wondering if someone had already similar message or can shade some light on this ? Thanks a lot for your help !

Hi Everyone, I just got my TM3 long range few weeks ago and just before driving off for a long trip I tried to charge to 100% so increased the limit on the App accordingly. After couple of hours I saw that on the app the charging was done and when I came back to the car I had a message on screen saying something along the line of exceeding limit warning and a suggestion to decrease the limit (unfortunately I didn't took a picture of the message).
I pressed ok and then the limit when back to 90%, I drove off and Everything seems completely fine, but was just wondering if someone had already similar message or can shade some light on this ? Thanks a lot for your help !

We would need to know exactly what the warning said.

There is a regular informational warning when you charge to 100% more than once in succession that reminds people not to do that on a regular basis (or there was, I dont charge to 100% very much so dont know if that has changed).

For 1 charge to 100% this notification doesnt appear.

What you are describing sounds like that notification, but without seeing it, we wont know if its that or something else.

Thanks for all the quick answers !

It feels like the wording was more around a "risk" of overcharging and to avoid this it is advised to reduce the limit with a question "do you want to do it now" and a OK / Cancel choice (on which I pressed ok and the charging limit moved back from 100 to 90).
I will therefore think that the explanation of Trips will make sense

Btw when drive off, being at 100% takes the brakes regen off until % decrease to lower level.
If it happens ever again I will take a pic and put it here, also who knows maybe someone in community would have one !

I get it all the time, I just delete it and move on. With a company so ahead of the game. You would think they would build in a buffer at the top end of the battery. So we can theoretically charge to 100% with out it bein at the actual full nominal capacity of the battery. It would sure make Ev life a little easier. And take out all the theoretical guess work on what to set charging limits to.

• Disagree
Reactions: plumazul
I get it all the time, I just delete it and move on. With a company so ahead of the game. You would think they would build in a buffer at the top end of the battery. So we can theoretically charge to 100% with out it bein at the actual full nominal capacity of the battery. It would sure make Ev life a little easier. And take out all the theoretical guess work on what to set charging limits to.
If they had a top buffer , you would have access to less total energy in the pack. Instead of preventing you from using that energy, they let you do it but with a warning.

Or, said another way: they have included a top buffer, AND they let you use it. Win-win.

Last edited:
Reactions: rpiotro
Volvos for some 100 years run with lights on for safety it increases other road users and pedestrian attention to the car.

Dont forget we need all the help now no engine noise.

Some daylight lights look like fog lights. my 6 previous bmws always had the angel eyes in the light cluster and on all the time ignition was on. auto headlights never had to mess as they came on and off right.

I even see people driving at night with just the daylight as some can be so bright especially during the day in the rain they dazzel and they have no rear lights idiots.

However sitting parked up with low beam headlights on the wrong side of the road dazzles people day or night so need to be turned off.

My 3lr seems working fine on during dark rainy day and low beam on off when I would expect the lights to come on.

not seen main beam on yet only a few times I have had to flash some plonker but not had the need for main beam yet will check next weeks as days are getting shorter and ill do a country road drive.

The daylights should only come on during in gear and driving and go out on low or high beam.

Some cars now turn on the fog light in the direction of a turn, looks stupid.

Never knew how much the whole 80% or 90% charging was going to bother/annoy me...having to worry about the battery sucks.
🥰
LFP batteries.

Never knew how much the whole 80% or 90% charging was going to bother/annoy me...having to worry about the battery sucks.
🥰
LFP batteries.
Why would it bother you? You just set it to 90% or less and then to 100% for journeys where you need more.
Either:
- You use 100% a little, in which case it's no bother
- You use 100% a lot, in which case you'd be bothered by the lower range of LFP.

There are other reasons to prefer LFP, but an easily toggled setting for a range boost isn't one of them.

Reactions: KenC
Why would it bother you? You just set it to 90% or less and then to 100% for journeys where you need more.
Either:
- You use 100% a little, in which case it's no bother
- You use 100% a lot, in which case you'd be bothered by the lower range of LFP.

There are other reasons to prefer LFP, but an easily toggled setting for a range boost isn't one of them.

Incorrect. Range is 100% anytime I want it....
I'll take 100% of 253 over 80% of 263 (210.4) or 90% (236.7) each and everyday of the week.

Reactions: XPsionic
(moderator note)

If there is a desire to continue any "range" discussion, in the model 3 section that goes in this thread:

If desired, please continue discussion there.

Reactions: SaintMickey®
Status
Not open for further replies.