TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Now possible to schedule mobile service online

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by goldengate, Sep 5, 2018.

1. goldengate

goldengate Member

I just went online here in Northern California to schedule a service and notice that we can now schedule mobile service online! Very cool!!! The wait time is about a week longer than the regular service.

• Informative x 2
  2. boiler81

boiler81 Member

Being 200 miles from the nearest SC, the extra week wait would be worth it to me:).

• Like x 1
  3. paladinfello

paladinfello Member

They've had this option for a month or two now (as far as I know). Wanted to bring the car in to the service center to talk to someone so initially decided against mobile service appointment online. Got a phone call the next day saying they would like to send someone out instead. Bay Area rangers live out in Berkeley off 80, lucky them with the commute times.

• Like x 1
  4. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Everytime I try to do the online service request it says something went wrong and won't even show the nearest SC...

5. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

How do you request mobile service?

• Like x 1
  6. goldengate

goldengate Member

When you go into "manage vehicle" and "schedule service" on the Tesla website it now provides mobile service as an option when the locations show up.

7. tracksyde

tracksyde Member

That doesnt work for me. I only see Costa Mesa, Buena Park, Los Angeles-Torrance, and Los Angeles-Centinela. No option for mobile service.

8. goldengate

goldengate Member

Maybe they are gradually rolling this out online? Today was the first day I've seen it as an option.

9. GoodOmens

GoodOmens Member

Doesn't work in Memphis where I know there are three mobile rangers. Closest SC is 200 miles away....

10. goldengate

goldengate Member

Here's what it looks like... I'm guessing it hasn't rolled out everywhere yet.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  11. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I'm not getting that option. The only thing showing up for me is the physical service center locations.

12. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

If you have an appointment it show you details and you can add comments as well.
    There’s also a check box for you to ask for transportation.
    Pretty nice

13. rycart

rycart Member

Not seeing that option in Maryland. It only shows the service centers. Hoping to see this option soon!

14. woodisgood

woodisgood It's walnut, beech

We scheduled online about a month ago for mobile service (to replace an out signature light). It seemed like an easier route than going to a busy SC and dealing with a loaner etc.

Friday before the Monday appt, they called to say they needed to order the part and canceled the appt. Then they got back in touch a few days after the original appt and rescheduled once the part was in.

The ranger (who was great) also said during the appointment that it was something I should have just gone to a SC for. This was a little confusing as it seemed there was plenty of time for them to tell me that in previous communications. Ranger also seemed unclear as to why he had been called out (“did the SC tell you to use mobile service?”).

So expect some hiccups and possibly rescheduling as they might not look at what you’ve scheduled for until your appt is pretty close. Hopefully these issues will get ironed out as the service matures.

15. ngogas

ngogas Active Member

Put in the notes area that your like to have mobile service. They will call you. At least that was how I did it without that option.

16. goldengate

goldengate Member

The option is now gone from the website.... :(

17. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

It was never there for me but every time I scheduled an appointment for a minor issue they would offer to send the mobile service vehicle.

18. miimura

miimura Active Member

I just scheduled online with a service center and the mobile service team texted me to ask if I wanted a mobile tech to take car of our concern. They came one day sooner than my original SC appointment. I think they just go through the appointments and pull jobs out that can be easily done by mobile techs.

19. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Maybe the Mobile Service option was just a trial and they discontinued it after finding out that too many mobile requests were for work that really had to be done in the shop instead? By having all service requests go through Service Centers, they are the ones who triage the jobs and more accurately determine which ones may be addressable by Mobile and which require a shop visit?

• Like x 1
  20. smak

smak Member

I am having loud noises coming from the A/C compressor, and I'm wondering if the Mobile Service people can take care of it, instead of a SC. I asked in the notes, so we will see.