Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now possible to schedule mobile service online

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've had this option for a month or two now (as far as I know). Wanted to bring the car in to the service center to talk to someone so initially decided against mobile service appointment online. Got a phone call the next day saying they would like to send someone out instead. Bay Area rangers live out in Berkeley off 80, lucky them with the commute times.

Reactions: goldengate
Here's what it looks like... I'm guessing it hasn't rolled out everywhere yet.

Attachments

• IMG_7815.jpg
    IMG_7815.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 443
We scheduled online about a month ago for mobile service (to replace an out signature light). It seemed like an easier route than going to a busy SC and dealing with a loaner etc.

Friday before the Monday appt, they called to say they needed to order the part and canceled the appt. Then they got back in touch a few days after the original appt and rescheduled once the part was in.

The ranger (who was great) also said during the appointment that it was something I should have just gone to a SC for. This was a little confusing as it seemed there was plenty of time for them to tell me that in previous communications. Ranger also seemed unclear as to why he had been called out (“did the SC tell you to use mobile service?”).

So expect some hiccups and possibly rescheduling as they might not look at what you’ve scheduled for until your appt is pretty close. Hopefully these issues will get ironed out as the service matures.

I just scheduled online with a service center and the mobile service team texted me to ask if I wanted a mobile tech to take car of our concern. They came one day sooner than my original SC appointment. I think they just go through the appointments and pull jobs out that can be easily done by mobile techs.

Maybe the Mobile Service option was just a trial and they discontinued it after finding out that too many mobile requests were for work that really had to be done in the shop instead? By having all service requests go through Service Centers, they are the ones who triage the jobs and more accurately determine which ones may be addressable by Mobile and which require a shop visit?

Reactions: goldengate