Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from a long Labor Day weekend in Napa. I am jealous of all you Californians. What a wonderful state you have! It would have been lovely to have the Roadster up there, but it's hard to beat that short 2-hour flight from PHX to SFO. In any case, I'm just getting caught up on this.

Thanks, Dave, for providing your contact information. RE: payment, it looks like we have 18, right? Do we still need 2 more? I still want these, but I have to admit I spent a little too much on wine this weekend in Napa, so if 20 is the still the magic number, I'd prefer to hold off until we have a firm 20 before I submit my payment. On the other hand, if we're good to go with 18 orders paid in full, I'll go ahead and submit payment now. Can someone please advise?

I will make the build happen even if we only have 18 paid. I will 'stock' the extra 2 sets, last time the extras were sold by the time we were able to deliver so go ahead and send in your payment.

Thanks,
Dave

This is pretty awesome. Any possibility for CCB (carbon ceramic brakes) retrofit for the Roadster & possibly the Model S?
I can build a ceramic rotor brake system, it will require replacing the rotors and the calipers since the rotors need to be thicker to function correctly, and need 18" wheels to clear the calipers. I would guess cost in the $16K+ range if we did a batch of them...

Thank you to those folks who have been quick to get payments to me, 6 sets paid for and I have swapped e-mails with a couple of others who have checks in the mail!

Excited to see this build coming together, I'm going to be doing a set for my Elise at the same time so it's cool to have some skin in the game, so to speak.
Dave

Reactions: wiztecy
I’ve been on the fence looking at these for a while but am looking for a good shop that I could trust to install these rotors and pads before I pull the trigger.

Is there anybody from the first group buy located in the So Cal OC/LA area that can recommend a shop to do the installation?

Thank you to those folks who have been quick to get payments to me, 6 sets paid for and I have swapped e-mails with a couple of others who have checks in the mail!

Excited to see this build coming together, I'm going to be doing a set for my Elise at the same time so it's cool to have some skin in the game, so to speak.
Dave
I'll get my payment off this weekend. Since I've relocated to the Portland area (close enough, anyway), can you recommend someone locally to do the install?

Reactions: WhiteCap
I’ve been on the fence looking at these for a while but am looking for a good shop that I could trust to install these rotors and pads before I pull the trigger.

Is there anybody from the first group buy located in the So Cal OC/LA area that can recommend a shop to do the installation?
I have a mechanic who does NSX installation of my parts in LA, I'm sure he would be happy to install the rotors and pads for you. PM and I can give you his contact information.
Dave

Question for the experts: I put a set of AX6's on my Roadster about a year ago. Do you think I'd need a new set to 'mate' with new rotors? Or should a fairly recent set be okay?

You can use your existing pads with the new rotors, that's what I did. I'd get some sandpaper and hit the pads a few times to get off any oil and gunk that may have built up on the pad surface. Then just follow the typical brake bedding process to break in the pads with the rotor.

Hi David. I'm interested too. I also currently have the Carbotech AX6 brake pads installed on my car that only have a few thousand miles of use on them. Should I replace them with new ones? The AX6 have worked great except that they rattle a lot. Let me know if I'm too late to get on your list.

Last edited:
Hi David. I'm interested too. I also currently have the Carbotech AX6 brake pads installed on my car that only have a few thousand miles of use on them. Should I replace them with new ones? The AX6 have works great except that they rattle a lot. Let me know if I'm too late to get on your list.

Send me an e-mail and I will get you on the build list. At this time I can add more rotor sets. I have found Carbotech brake pads are quieter if installed with CRC Brake Quiet when they are new. This has quieted the rattles in my experience.

Thanks,
Dave
[email protected]