Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now that the factory is reopened...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has never been good with quality control even many years ago when the number of cars sold did not mean as much so no way that is changing. That said, overall quality of cars have significantly improved more both Model S, X and 3.

But in order to try to make 2nd Q numbers look better, I would suspect the priority is to built cars and pump them out as fast as they could and deliver to as many as they can and deal with quality issues at service centers.

There are many, many Tesla S, X, and 3's sitting around unsold. Just look at the existing inventory on the Tesla site. Other than the MY, it isn't clear that more production will help Q2 sales.

With the MY quality issues and the uncertainty on many levels right now, I suspect that the demand for Q2 MYs isn't super strong.

I'm hoping for a high quality Q3 MY with air suspension, a silent heat pump, acceleration boost option, and higher range. (Hoping, not expecting.)

There are many, many Tesla S, X, and 3's sitting around unsold. Just look at the existing inventory on the Tesla site. Other than the MY, it isn't clear that more production will help Q2 sales.

With the MY quality issues and the uncertainty on many levels right now, I suspect that the demand for Q2 MYs isn't super strong.

I'm hoping for a high quality Q3 MY with air suspension, a silent heat pump, acceleration boost option, and higher range. (Hoping, not expecting.)

Right? I am hoping for the same. It is only fair to expect quality when you pay $70K on a car.

Here's a shortlist of MY issues I've seen posted just on this site, and to be clear it's not every issue posted...

Coat hanger not closing
Flooded taillight with water
Rear seat rear panel coming loose
Rear seat panels coming off
Rear seats don't go down when you use the buttons
Rattle from rear center seat
B pillar damaged
Steering wheel alignment off
Fender gap/alignment
Window seal leaky
Missing the spoiler and performance badge
Charge port door not closing correctly
Charge port door stuck closed
Passenger airbag pillar not sealed all the way
Auto park curbed my rims
Rear hatch doesn't close properly
Rear hatch doesn't latch
Driver side window closed by itself before entry - trim damage
Liftgate opening height memory erased. Trunk hit the garage door
Stains on headliner
Scratched rims from factory
Dirt in paint
Cover for Heatpump to reduce Noise
Condensation inside tail light
AC and heat don’t work at all

@NY-Rob
Sorry to hear about your Y. Did you consider not taking delivery with the car having so many issues? What was your VIN?

Also, did you think about returning car within the 7 day period?
I think he was compiling all the issues he has seen mentioned on these forums. Would be really unfortunate to have all those issues in a new delivery :confused:

^ sorry for the confusion guys, MY = Model Y in my post above.
Too much time has passed and I no longer have access to edit it for clarity.

The list was compiled from posts on this site, I don't have my Model Y yet, I'm holding off till the QC issues have subsided.

I had the email in second week in March that they would be delivering my car "before the end of March"... Then the factory was closed. Since it is now opening back up, how long will it take to get the assembly line to get back up to speed. I assume it's not just a light switch and they have to ramp slowly. When can we expect the first cars to be delivered?
MY pup Red/White

They withdrew guidance.
No, they did not.
We have assessed the impact and are not aware of any specific events or circumstances that required an update to our estimates and assumptions or materially affected the carrying value of our assets or liabilities as of the date of issuance of this Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q
0001564590-20-019931 | 10-Q | Tesla, Inc.
Also in SEC Filing | Tesla, Inc.
9166DC4D-BBE8-45A6-A948-858344D9CC1E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MitchMitch
The list was compiled from posts on this site, I don't have my Model Y yet, I'm holding off till the QC issues have subsided.

If you are going to wait until nobody posts individual problems with their cars, you will be waiting forever. There will always be cars with new delivery issues. Never saw any car forum that did not list strings of complaints.

Overall the ownership experiences are pretty great. Of course some will have lots of issues, but most are pretty happy with their cars.

If you are going to wait until nobody posts individual problems with their cars, you will be waiting forever.
Of course, but some of the painfully obvious defects that were clearly due to being rushed out of the factory to make the Q1 deadline and under the imminent threat of factory closure will/should not persist later on in 2020. Also dumb software glitches like windows damaging trim will be addressed by that time too. Why roll the QC dice when a winning strategy is as simple as waiting a few more months?
Our Gov just extended our (downstate NY/Manhattan/Long Island) lock-down till mid June, so it's not like I'm going any place soon anyway.

Last edited: