Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Number on thing that needs to be fixed IMO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is FSD's propensity to cross double yellow lines into opposing traffic lanes. My car does this repeatedly in a variety of situations. Sometimes I'll be traveling on a 2 lane road with very little to no traffic and the car will, without warning, suddenly cross the line into the opposing lane. Watching the blue line on the display, it looks like it continually is nudging into that other lane for some unknown reason before the car just suddenly veers over. Another scenario was an uncomplicated right hand turn that the car approached too fast, and then when making the turn the car was fully across the line. Yesterday, the car was waiting for a break in opposing traffic to make a left hand turn across traffic. When there was an opening, with plenty of time to make the turn, the car inched out cautiously and indecisively, taking way too long. Cars then began to approach and the car seemed to not know what to do now that it saw cars coming and it was fully in the opposing lane, so it just stopped. Obviously I hit the accelerator with plenty of time to get out of the way. In all of these scenarios I was in full control and paying very close attention to other cars and safely intervened each time, but it really doesn't instill confidence that FSD doesn't seem to understand and respect that divider. None of these were edge cases. This must be addressed!

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
Is FSD's propensity to cross double yellow lines into opposing traffic lanes. My car does this repeatedly in a variety of situations. Sometimes I'll be traveling on a 2 lane road with very little to no traffic and the car will, without warning, suddenly cross the line into the opposing lane. Watching the blue line on the display, it looks like it continually is nudging into that other lane for some unknown reason before the car just suddenly veers over. Another scenario was an uncomplicated right hand turn that the car approached too fast, and then when making the turn the car was fully across the line. Yesterday, the car was waiting for a break in opposing traffic to make a left hand turn across traffic. When there was an opening, with plenty of time to make the turn, the car inched out cautiously and indecisively, taking way too long. Cars then began to approach and the car seemed to not know what to do now that it saw cars coming and it was fully in the opposing lane, so it just stopped. Obviously I hit the accelerator with plenty of time to get out of the way. In all of these scenarios I was in full control and paying very close attention to other cars and safely intervened each time, but it really doesn't instill confidence that FSD doesn't seem to understand and respect that divider. None of these were edge cases. This must be addressed!
The left turn scenario is the one that baffles, and angers me the most. With more than ample time and space, it hesitates, or even just stops. Then, as you say, with a car bearing down, it will start the turn. At this point, how is stopping directly in the path of another car the best option?

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner