Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Boost subwoofer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed this kit on my P100D and am thoroughly happy with it. Does anyone know if it will fit correctly in the new model Plaid?
Would love to know as well. Everyone rips me a new one when I say the bass on Tesla vehicles (all of them) is lacking.

I've leased some 15-20+ vehicles in my life and the bass in my Model 3 Dual Motor and Model S Plaid is absolutely lacking versus some very much cheaper cars.

I don't mean it is lacking *always*, but there are definite gaps where the bass just does not respond at all. Others seem to think this is the world's most amazing stock sound system and it isn't. Full stop.

Would love to know as well. Everyone rips me a new one when I say the bass on Tesla vehicles (all of them) is lacking.

I've leased some 15-20+ vehicles in my life and the bass in my Model 3 Dual Motor and Model S Plaid is absolutely lacking versus some very much cheaper cars.

I don't mean it is lacking *always*, but there are definite gaps where the bass just does not respond at all. Others seem to think this is the world's most amazing stock sound system and it isn't. Full stop.
Yes....the bass is almost non-existent even with the UHD upgrade with the subwoofer which I have. I didn't have anything close to a good sounding system (to my ears) until I installed the NVX. The rest of the system is adequate, but certainly not superior to systems like systems like the Burmester surround sound in the Mercedes.

The website says:

• Custom Bass Enclosure for Tesla Model S 2012-up (tested thru 2020)
• Powerful NVX VCW 104 Subwoofer
• Hand-Laid Fiberglass Enclosure
• Fits In the Storage Cubby On the Left Side of the Trunk
• Add 600-750 Watts RMS of Bass to Your Tesla