Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NY Clean pass sticker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well no, he's right, there are 2020 models that are already showing up on the NYS list, but not the 3. We just bought a new 2019 Lexus ES300h and we specifically went for a 2019 as opposed to a 2020 because the 2019 got the clean pass and not the 2020...yet.

I have no doubt the 2020 Model 3 will eventually receive the clean pass, but it depends on when NYS does the testing. They test all the cars before 'certifying' them for a clean pass.

The DMV just told me my model 3 is not eligible for a clean pass vehicle sticker because it's a 2020. They said the model 3 is only listed from 2018-2019.

Hahaha
Anyone else have this happen?
Well no, he's right, there are 2020 models that are already showing up on the NYS list, but not the 3. We just bought a new 2019 Lexus ES300h and we specifically went for a 2019 as opposed to a 2020 because the 2019 got the clean pass and not the 2020...yet.

I have no doubt the 2020 Model 3 will eventually receive the clean pass, but it depends on when NYS does the testing. They test all the cars before 'certifying' them for a clean pass.

I heard it should be on the list in March 2020

The DMV just told me my model 3 is not eligible for a clean pass vehicle sticker because it's a 2020. They said the model 3 is only listed from 2018-2019.

Hahaha.

Anyone else have this happen?

The same thing happened to me as well. I check the site every month and nothing yet. I take the risk every day in the HOV lane without stickers.

I received the following from NY DOT:

The three agencies that oversee the Clean Pass program, New York State DOT, NYSDMV, and NYSDEC were in the process of reviewing the 2020 models to make a determination about qualification, however that process has been put on hold for the foreseeable future. At this point, I don’t have any information on when that information will be released or which vehicles will be on the list. Once that information is released, any new vehicles that are added to the list will be displayed on both NYSDOT and NYSDMV’s website. While the Tesla Model Y has not been added to the list yet, DMV has recently been given limited authority to issue Clean Pass stickers to owners of these vehicles.

You may apply for a Clean Pass sticker here: https://nysdmv.custhelp.com/app/ask

For selections, choose My question is about “Registration and Title” and Category “Clean Pass sticker request”. You will need to have your permanent registration for the vehicle or the vehicle won’t show up in their system. Please provide DMV with the VIN number of your vehicle when you request the sticker.