Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OBD Connections

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Radlaw

Charles
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2018
San Diego California
In my 2018 Tesla 3 in the back of the center console (the cover has to be removed to access them) there are 2 blue connectors connected to each other where an OBD2 connector can be inserted between them. See attached picture. Are there any harnesses like this that have the capability of adding wire connectors for other aftermarked devices, e.g. a dashboard instrument cluster display unit, and others at the same time? Alternatively, how can such a device be modified to attach more devices?

1670099829167.png

In my 2018 Tesla 3 in the back of the center console (the cover has to be removed to access them) there are 2 blue connectors connected to each other where an OBD2 connector can be inserted between them. See attached picture. Are there any harnesses like this that have the capability of adding wire connectors for other aftermarked devices, e.g. a dashboard instrument cluster display unit, and others at the same time? Alternatively, how can such a device be modified to attach more devices?

View attachment 881100
If you look up the SMT app, ScanMyT3sla, the developer has links to the OBD adapter for a 2018 and the OBD reader that you should consider, if that's what you're trying to do.

This is the one I bought from GPSAmerica for my 2018:
2018 adapter

Upvote 0