Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obsessed owner removes plate before washing car...

Kleenerth3

Jun 6, 2019
Vista CA
I don't but... I do remove the clear covers front and back to clean the inside of the cover and give the plates a wipe while they're looking at me. I can't stand the soapy drips that show after a full wash. Totally normal as I see it... ;)

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
You’re risking more damage taking it on and off than you think. All it takes is one slip and the screwdriver scratches your paint.
i think the risk is more in the metal screw into the plastic fitting. there are only so many revolutions you'll be able to do that before the grommet fails.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC