Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OCD Triggered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lowtek

Jan 2, 2020
Alabama, USA
Picked up my X Saturday, what a fun experience, fast, and they took care of the couple gripes I found pretty quick. There was a hanging chad piece of leather on the steering wheel wrap and looked like someone took a tool and scared the leather horn cover, and the left falcon wing door sensor needed adjusted, all fixed in less than 30 minutes. These are the only three issues I could find, and I looked hard for things, my inspection took about an hour.

My one gripe ... why oh why do the door controls glow orange while the steering wheel controls are white? I mean, would it be that hard to have them match? :confused: Don't they know how that affects those of us that identify OCD :p

Other than that, wonderful vehicle. The fit and finish is great, all the panels line up, everything seems nice quality.

I had a rattle driving home that ended up just being the temporary tag bracket was loose.

Overall great delivery experience!

Ah, those door controls. I was trying to see what door controls we were obsessing about so I could obsess about them on my X. :D.

I was thinking controls for the door, not controls on the door. Yeah, lots of the original hardware was, um, inspired by Mercedes. The shifter, also, IIRC. Mercedes did/does have a thing for orange; always wondered if it was sorta emulating red fighter airplane night vision lighting.

You’ll love your X!

Right before we could drive off in our new Model X yesterday a flat bed tow truck blew his hydraulic line and coated most of the cars on the lot but ours especially well. Headed back tomorrow to get the door trim replaced so it quits streaking every window. Otherwise it's going to be alright...but my OCD not happy. I should have just left it there and said find me a new car.
IMG_1975.jpeg

Right before we could drive off in our new Model X yesterday a flat bed tow truck blew his hydraulic line and coated most of the cars on the lot but ours especially well. Headed back tomorrow to get the door trim replaced so it quits streaking every window. Otherwise it's going to be alright...but my OCD not happy. I should have just left it there and said find me a new car.
View attachment 520303
Ugh, thanks for sharing.

View attachment 520303

OMG!!! I’m so sorry!