Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are definitely building batches of Blue Model Ys now. We drove next to the delivery lot for Fremont, and saw tons of Blue Model Ys.

Happy update for me; I'm getting the car tomorrow.

I went to the showroom today and spoke with a salesperson and a delivery manager. Be pleasant and kind throughout, while making your case. Remember that they are people working a frustrating job, and many things are out of their control.

By checking in in-person, and being patient, we got them to offer to check the status of our Model Y. They found that it was pretty much ready except for the detailing, but the detailing team had just gone home for the day. The manager then slotted us in for tomorrow and prioritized our car. They also resolved a few weird quirks with our account ("Strange, there's a bunch of contradictory notes here..."). We saw the changes on our end shortly, and now we're scheduled for tomorrow.

I get that these are expensive cars, and it can be frustrating to not get it when promised. We had to rent a car this weekend because they missed their own dates, and communicated poorly. Even the largest and most efficient companies are run by people, and mistakes happen. Be kind, be understanding, and be firm. This will get you a long way.

So this absolutely worked. I stopped by Tesla Santana Row since I was in the area. An employee asked if I needed any help. Told him about receiving a VIN but nothing else like the steps were not completed. He said he’ll check it out. Pulled up my order and it showed the VIN. He pinged the car and showed me that the car responded and it’s sitting in a lot at Fremont, so it’s done but it said that it was ready for delivery, most likely just waiting for a detail.

He checked the account and said that I completed all the steps, but someone didn’t check off that I uploaded the insurance from a week ago. He manually checked that off and refreshed the page. Delivery got scheduled for 10/6.

Within a few minutes, my account got updated with the MVPA and the steps to complete the purchase.

He couldn’t have been more helpful. He did explain the new process is contact less so I have to prepay to accept delivery and then I can look at the car. Another option is writing a check and then emailing a scan of the check upon delivery but there would be an email explaining that process more.

Also, If there are any issues just document within 24 hours in the app and they’ll schedule an appointment.

Thanks for your help and idea. Something felt off when I got the VIN but no further steps or MVPA. It was just a human being needed to check off a box to get the process moving forward.

Update: 3:11pm PST. I received a couple more texts to arrange for the delivery appointment for tomorrow, 10/5 at 10am. Also, went online and purchase the Tesla insurance and signed my purchase agreement. All set for now, except, the final payment due tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Delivery Team has been very responsive after getting the date for Tuesday. They’ve reached out a couple times and said it could be ready tomorrow instead of Tuesday if want to go that route. Only issue is that the loan doc is only half signed and can’t be fully esigned because it is not allowing it. Delivery said they’ll figure it out tomorrow morning or worst case, just do a wet signature at pick up. So it looks like I’ll be heading to Fremont tomorrow.

Oct deliveries are being scheduled for PNW
LR BLK on BLK “19 w/ Tow
ordered 9/24
VIN 10/1
Build Date 10/1
Delivery Scheduled 10/7 PDX
2020 Model Year

Thank you. What's PNW if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: googled, assuming Pacific North West?

gonna be a close one for us... my trade in expires on 10/25 - I am in North East. Lets see if I get my MY in time.

another Q, how one would know if you are getting the new rear casting, any way or us to tell? I honestly dont care much but curious for towing reasons... if my deals falls through, will prob just get a pick-up truck next yr and keep my M3 P3D- (which wifey doesnt wanna give up, as she thinks the MY Performance is super slow and not up to her standards in terms of launch from dead stop). o_O

So this absolutely worked. I stopped by Tesla Santana Row since I was in the area. An employee asked if I needed any help. Told him about receiving a VIN but nothing else like the steps were not completed. He said he’ll check it out. Pulled up my order and it showed the VIN. He pinged the car and showed me that the car responded and it’s sitting in a lot at Fremont, so it’s done but it said that it was ready for delivery, most likely just waiting for a detail.

He checked the account and said that I completed all the steps, but someone didn’t check off that I uploaded the insurance from a week ago. He manually checked that off and refreshed the page. Delivery got scheduled for 10/6.

Within a few minutes, my account got updated with the MVPA and the steps to complete the purchase.

He couldn’t have been more helpful. He did explain the new process is contact less so I have to prepay to accept delivery and then I can look at the car. Another option is writing a check and then emailing a scan of the check upon delivery but there would be an email explaining that process more.

Also, If there are any issues just document within 24 hours in the app and they’ll schedule an appointment.

Thanks for your help and idea. Something felt off when I got the VIN but no further steps or MVPA. It was just a human being needed to check off a box to get the process moving forward.

I'm glad to hear it worked! Yeah, it seems that sometimes it just takes a human being to push it along.

The lot where you will pick up the car is a small subsection within the larger Fremont lot. Take your phone, and memorize your VIN. The VIN will be on the driver's side of the car.

If you have logged into the app, log out and log back in near the car. This should help it sync.

another Q, how one would know if you are getting the new rear casting, any way or us to tell? I honestly dont care much but curious for towing reasons... if my deals falls through, will prob just get a pick-up truck next yr and keep my M3 P3D- (which wifey doesnt wanna give up, as she thinks the MY Performance is super slow and not up to her standards in terms of launch from dead stop). o_O

I think there is no easy way to know for sure, but you can make an educated guess based on the production number in your VIN. I would estimate that the new rear casting made it to production sometime after 50xxx.

I'm glad to hear it worked! Yeah, it seems that sometimes it just takes a human being to push it along.

The lot where you will pick up the car is a small subsection within the larger Fremont lot. Take your phone, and memorize your VIN. The VIN will be on the driver's side of the car.

If you have logged into the app, log out and log back in near the car. This should help it sync.

Picked up ours today. Got a text around noon that it was all ready at the factory. Hopped in an ride, and spent an hour and a half going through the checklist and any items picked up browsing the forums. Found a couple issues: taillights not sitting totally flush and one panel in the trunk looks like it was bowed out or missing a clip. Doors, gaps, paint, etc. looked great. Car was clean so got a good look in the sun.

Did have a question about the sound the frunk made when opened, and went into the showroom to take a look at an exemplar. My frunk made a loud sound when opening. Tech demoed the one in the showroom and it made the exact sound so that was good to go. They were helpful there just letting me compare mine to the one in the showroom. It all checked out.

Pointed out a the lights and trim to them and they said to make the service appointment and it’ll get fixed. Got an appointment about two weeks out

Overall it felt like a smooth process. A lot of other people dissecting the cars in the parking lot but seemed like everyone was happy with them and drove off. That first drive home was fun. Thanks for all your help.

We're hoping for the new rear casting. If online articles are to be believed it is lighter, so a little more efficient. Someone on another thread mentioned that they had heard the MYs produced after mid-September had the new casting. Not sure how to be certain, though. This article has a pic that supposedly shows some of the rear castings at the factory in early September... Tesla Giga Press at Fremont Factory Begins Making Model Y Parts

Reactions: Quorky
We're hoping for the new rear casting. If online articles are to be believed it is lighter, so a little more efficient. Someone on another thread mentioned that they had heard the MYs produced after mid-September had the new casting. Not sure how to be certain, though. This article has a pic that supposedly shows some of the rear castings at the factory in early September... Tesla Giga Press at Fremont Factory Begins Making Model Y Parts

Thanks. Hoping for the single cast here.

Reactions: ElectricMtn