Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery today - 10/13. Dublin, CA
Long range, white ext, black int, 19 wheels, tow hook, FSD
I was held up by financing due to my own issues, unrelated to Tesla. Got that straightened on 10/5 and gave them everything they needed. Got text for pickup on 10/11.
Car is pretty much perfect. Only imperfection I can find is that the cubby panel just under the phone chargers is slightly crooked. Also had a tag sticking out from a panel near the windshield under the frunk, but I just tucked it back in. That's it! I am very happy with the quality of the car!
I didn't know that the cameras had to calibrate before autopilot would start working. Took about 5 miles of driving and then it just worked great!

Just took delivery today - 10/13. Dublin, CA
Long range, white ext, black int, 19 wheels, tow hook, FSD
I was held up by financing due to my own issues, unrelated to Tesla. Got that straightened on 10/5 and gave them everything they needed. Got text for pickup on 10/11.
Car is pretty much perfect. Only imperfection I can find is that the cubby panel just under the phone chargers is slightly crooked. Also had a tag sticking out from a panel near the windshield under the frunk, but I just tucked it back in. That's it! I am very happy with the quality of the car!
I didn't know that the cameras had to calibrate before autopilot would start working. Took about 5 miles of driving and then it just worked great!

2021 mode? Any updates the MY by chance if 20201?

Buying a Tesla is so weird. I walked into the showroom in Menlo Park in 2011, took a test drive in a Roadster, loved it, bought it on the spot. Very easy.

My son has had a Signature S, Signature X, and Model 3, and has a Model Y on order--but is waiting until the 3rd seat model is available.

I decided to get a Model Y a couple of months ago. My son had problems with his early Signature cars and advised me to wait until the 3rd quarter rush was over and wait until the VINs were higher to hope early production defects got solved.

So I put what car I wanted on my account on the website without paying for it. I went into the local showroom and told them I wanted a 4th quarter car preferably in November. They told me "No problem. Wait to order until 4th quarter." Then I heard there was a delay after ordering before the car arrived. So Oct 1 I went into the showroom to order the Model Y. I was told I would be lucky to get the car before 2021. Boy was I ticked off! All that planning to no avail.

When I got home, I called the 800 Tesla number and told them my problem. They had me formally put in my order and asked if I could take the car if it came in before November. I said, "You bet!" And it came in Oct 16 and has been all I hoped for. And just by chance it is VIN 60xxx--a 2021 car!

I found a checklist somewhere on one of these threads and printed it out. Very useful to evaluate the car for defects before signing the paperwork. But I can't find it now so if any of you know of such a list I would appreciate it if you would post it.

In mid august, I asked to defer delivery till November time. I contacted Tesla right after Battery Day to request I be placed in the queue to take delivery as soon as possible, "you got it, you are back in". Weeks go by, no peep from Tesla or response from my SA after multiple attempts to reach him, fine, this isn't my first Rodeo with Tesla and I understand how busy they are. I decide to use the Chat function on the website and Jonathan was super helpful in editing my order for me and I asked him to confirm if I'm eligible for delivery, he said he would check first thing in the morning.

I get a follow-up call from him in the morning -wow- as promised and he changed my order for me and said my order was marked 'ineligible for delivery" since Q3.............. So he confirmed that he fixed that for me -again- and that I will be given priority for delivery. Let's see what happens.

Advice to anyone who deferred delivery, make sure you check with Tesla and confirm with them that your order is not marked "ineligible" when the time comes for your requested deferred month.

Since it was 4-5 days ago that I received the VIN, I decided to call my local Tesla (Charlotte, NC). The gentleman mentioned that the car is scheduled to arrive at their center on Oct 21st and he set up a delivery appointment for Oct 23rd. Hopefully all will go well. In the meanwhile, I completed the remaining steps like insurance etc., Now, waiting continues.

LR/White/Black/19"/Tow hitch, ordered on 9/26. Charlotte NC
Today I got a call from local Tesla (Charlotte) to let me know that there is a delay in them receiving the shipment and hence tentatively moved my delivery from 10/23 to 10/25. So the wait continues...

Today I got a call from local Tesla (Charlotte) to let me know that there is a delay in them receiving the shipment and hence tentatively moved my delivery from 10/23 to 10/25. So the wait continues...

I feel you. My order for charlotte was placed 10 days before yours and I still have to wait till the 31st...
Will be worth it though!

I'll miss my Model 3 though... But the Y is an upgrade for sure since I only have the SR+

Sorry to hear that. Did they say the reason for the delay?

Our appointment is scheduled for 3 PM on Sunday 10/25 in Raleigh. I may call them today and ask them to ping the car.

...I found a checklist somewhere on one of these threads and printed it out. Very useful to evaluate the car for defects before signing the paperwork. But I can't find it now so if any of you know of such a list I would appreciate it if you would post it.
I've attached a few of them, along with the arbitration opt-out form.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Arbitation Opt Out (Template).pdf
    62.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Checklist_Model_Y_Purchase_Day.pdf
    536.5 KB · Views: 60
  • model_y_checklist.pdf
    324.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Model-Y-Delivery-Checklist.pdf
    74.7 KB · Views: 58
Thank you for the lists. What is the arbitration opt-out form for ?
If you look at your Purchase Agreement (if you have one), page 5 describes Tesla's Arbitration process and why you may want to opt-out.

ARBITRATION PROVISION- PLEASE REVIEW - IMPORTANT - AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
"1. EITHER YOU OR WE MAY CHOOSE TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN US DECIDED BY ARBITRATION AND NOT IN COURT OR BY JURY TRIAL.

2. IF A DISPUTE IS ARBITRATED, YOU WILL GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER ON ANY CLASS CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US INCLUDING ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION OR ANY CONSOLIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATIONS.

3. DISCOVERY AND RIGHTS TO APPEAL IN ARBITRATION ARE GENERALLY MORE LIMITED THAN IN A LAWSUIT, AND OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU AND WE WOULD HAVE IN COURT MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION.

Any claim or dispute, whether in contract, tort, statute or otherwise (including the interpretation and scope of this Arbitration Provision, and the arbitrability of the claim or dispute), between you and us or our employees, agents, successors or assigns, which arises out of or relates to your credit application, purchase or condition of this vehicle, this contract or any resulting transaction or relationship (including any such relationship with third parties who do not sign this contract) shall, at your or our election, be resolved by neutral, binding arbitration and not by a court action. If federal law provides that a claim or dispute is not subject to binding arbitration, this Arbitration Provision shall not apply to such claim or dispute. Any claim or dispute is to be arbitrated by a single arbitrator on an individual basis and not as a class action. You expressly waive any right you may have to arbitrate a class action. You may choose the American Arbitration Association, 1633 Broadway, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10019 (www.adr.org), or any other organization to conduct the arbitration subject to our approval.You may get a copy of the rules of an arbitration organization by contacting the organization or visiting its website.Arbitrators shall be attorneys or retired judges and shall be selected pursuant to the applicable rules. The arbitrator shall apply governing substantive law and the applicable statute of limitations. The arbitration hearing shall be conducted in the federal district in which you reside unless the Seller-Creditor is a party to the claim or dispute, in which case the hearing will be held in the federal district where this contract was executed. We will pay your filing, administration, service or case management fee and your arbitrator or hearing fee all up to a maximum of $5000, unless the law or the rules of the chosen arbitration organization require us to pay more. The amount we pay may be reimbursed in whole or in part by decision of the arbitrator if the arbitrator finds that any of your claims is frivolous under applicable law. Each party shall be responsible for its own attorney, expert and other fees, unless awarded by the arbitrator under applicable law.If the chosen arbitration organization's rules conflict with this Arbitration Provision, then the provisions of this Arbitration Provision shall control. Any arbitration under this Arbitration Provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. § 1 et. seq.) and not by any state law concerning arbitration. Any award by the arbitrator shall be in writing and will be final and binding on all parties, subject to any limited right to appeal under the Federal Arbitration Act. You and we retain the right to seek remedies in small claims court for disputes or claims within that court's jurisdiction, unless such action is transferred, removed or appealed to a different court. Neither you nor we waive the right to arbitrate by using self-help remedies, such as repossession, or by filing an action to recover the vehicle, to recover a deficiency balance, or for individual injunctive relief. Any court having jurisdiction may enter judgment on the arbitrator's award. This Arbitration Provision shall survive any termination, payoff or transfer of this contract. If any part of this Arbitration Provision, other than waivers of class action rights, is deemed or found to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder shall remain enforceable. If a waiver of class action rights is deemed or found to be unenforceable for any reason in a case in which class action allegations have been made, the remainder of this Arbitration Provision shall be unenforceable."

• Informative
Reactions: alexcue
Quick question: I got a Vin earlier this week and just received a text to sign in to select a delivery date. When I sign in, nothing has changed and there don't appear to be options to select dates anywhere.

Am I missing something? Is there maybe a time delay?

Thanks

Quick question: I got a Vin earlier this week and just received a text to sign in to select a delivery date. When I sign in, nothing has changed and there don't appear to be options to select dates anywhere.

Am I missing something? Is there maybe a time delay?

Thanks

Same thing happening to me. I just received the text message but there is nothing appear. I have no clue. I shot an email to ask to SA.

Is your delivery location Chicago Highland ?